Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve

Twas the day before Thanksgiving

We got quite the surprise--

we found I was expecting

not one, but two little guys!

My heart about stopped,

tears welled in my eyes,

for I knew God was bigger

and He heard all my cries.

Yes, it was quite a shock

to our systems that day.

But now we must begin

for two babies to pray.

I wish I could say

that I thought it'd be great,

but to be real honest

my smile was all fake.

You see, I loved my baby

who had just turned 6 months

and just couldn't fathom

that now we'd have a bunch.

Now one whole year later,

it hasn't been easy.

We've now got three boys

and this poem that is cheesy.

So join me today to remember last year

and a moment of silence for days that are so dear.

So a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours

from the new and improved

and expanded Johnston fam.

 {that didn't rhyme....what?!}



*****************************

It really was a whole year ago 'today' {the day before Thanksgiving} when we learned that we were expecting twins. I wish I could say that I was elated with unspeakable joy, but to be honest, I spent the next few weeks in quite a fog trying to figure out which way was 'up' and reason with myself and God as to why He would give us two more babies when my husband's hours were {are} greatly reduced.
It shouldn't at all be to my suprise that the Lord has shown himself completely faithful in this last year, and has provided for every last one of our needs, sometimes in unconventional ways, and sometimes in ways that were simply jaw dropping.

If you want to catch up on our 'twin' story, click here, or you can scouwer through my 'topics' on the left and the words that may relate to pregnancy or twins or babies.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

5 comments:

Stef A said...

You have such a BEAUTIFUL family, Katie!! The Lord has truly blessed you!!! :-) Adorable little poem. :-)

This Heavenly Life said...

You are so funny! Cute poem about even cuter boys :) Have a wonderful holiday!

Rachel said...

I just LOVE your poem!!!! Seriously cute, and a great way to share your story. I can't imagine how overwhelming it must have been to find out that not one but two more were on the way. Wow. Thanks for sharing and reminding me today that God is faithful through all the "unexpectedness" of life :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Awwww... :) Memories, memories. I love hearing about the emotions you experienced.

When I have more time {Like, you know, in 2024} I am looking forward to reading more about your experience.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Mandi said...

You know what? I love it when you blog. I love the way you write, and I LOVE your creativity! This poem was adorable and clever! I love it! And I love your family. As testosterone ridden as it is, it's wonderful.