-1-
This has definitely been an interesting week...I have been going back and forth from feeling ill to feeling well, in no time at all....currently, feeling well.
-2-
Hayden has been taking some new fun risks lately. Particularly with the stairs. He is probably 80% efficient going up AND down....and unfortunately has bit it one and a half times. Currently searching for the balance between letting him learn the hard way and keeping him safe. Hmmm..
About gives me a heart attack each time!
-3-
Speaking of heart attacks.....what on earth is with this new 'recommendation' for mammograms only after your 50?! I guess I thought cancer research had 'come so far', but this is ridiculous! And it's easy to say, well...I'll still get checked out and have a mammogram when I'm 40 or whatever, but the catch to that becoming, if it's not recommended, insurance won't cover it.
Can you say, population control?
-4-
Next weekend we will be celebrating Thanksmas.
What?! You've never heard of it?
What?! You've never heard of it?
My husband's family made it up. It really is a fun holiday defined by lots of family, food, Black Friday shopping, Thanksgiving and Christmas all jammed into one. It's the biggest family event I have ever been to in my whole life.
-5-
I am planning on making these yumminess to take to Thanksmas. I will also plan to report and post on the goodness that is Potato Cookies.
-6-
For the gift exchange next week.....we're buying T-Shirts {a themed gift exchange} for cousins and kid cousins. I am at a loss for t-shirt ideas....Would something like this work? Nebraska fans....AND they have sleeves?? I wonder...........
-7-
Speaking of Nebraska.......we're going to the Iowa game tomorrow. Tailgating some yummy breakfast. Hanging out with friends and other friends. Can.not. wait. Make it 10-2 tomorrow!! Go Hawks!
Happy Weekend Everyone!

















5 comments:
Thanksmas--I love it!
And sometime you're gonna have to make potato cookies for me -- because I think they sound gross but they must not be :)
Awesome! I didn't know they had Husker Snuggies - maybe I'll have to get one of those :)
We celebrated Christmas at Thanksgiving on year, but we called it "Harvest Time Christmas" :)
I just might have to try out that recipe too!
I should probably invest in a defibrillator (for myself) if my third son is as daring with the stairs as my first two were. I too struggle with the same balance of over-protectiveness and appropriate caution. It doesn't help that my middle child is so "brave" that his grandpa announced that the X-Games had to have been created with Eli in mind. ... Yeah, I think a defibrillator will be in order :)
Ooh you linked!
Hopefully you're getting great shopping done... In the next few days when I have time, I'm planning to blog about our day and what I got at Tanger Outlet!
Thanks again for hanging out with us- we had a great time!
Oh Happy Thanksmas! It sounds like a lot of fun. Food, family, shopping...what could be better?
Post a Comment