I think I mentioned this the other day......my new favorite song.
Or the Biggest Loser intro, if you wanna be reallllll technical ;)
Umm yes. I am actually quite bad at this. Often a whimsical buyer. Quite often. Working on it.
3. What is something in your life that you are thankful for now that you didn’t think you would be at the time of the event? (Something that seemed ill-timed, inconvenient or hurtful which turned out to be a good thing)
TWINS. Remember that heart attack?! Umm...yeah, pretty sure that I wouldn't give them back for the world, but the idea definitely took some getting used to.
4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year? If so, do you have a favorite float or balloon?
I come and go on whether or not we watch it or not. I enjoy it, but holidays at our house are a traveling rat race. We have lots of places to be. Usually all at once. So sitting down to watch a parade doesn't usually make the docket.
5. Share a quote, scripture, poem or lyric which has been an inspiration to you lately.
So, I've got three. Darn Facebook and people putting 'inspirational quotes' on their statuses....get some good material that way ;)
1) Love isnt letting people do whatever they want. That's often cowardice or apathy. Love cares enough to tell the truth. ~Rick Warren
2) A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. ~ Thomas Jefferson. {Scary, no?}
3) No man has ever crawled out from under his wife's criticism to be a better man--no matter how justified her condemnation. ~ Michael Pearl. {Still chewin' on that one}
6. This is meant to be a fun question, and this is a G-rated blog, but please share a “guilty pleasure,” something that you enjoy that’s probably not the most edifying, time-worthy or healthy thing you could be indulging in. Did I mention--G rating?
ICE CREAM. I heart ice cream. All day every day. Pregnant or not pregnant. I heart ice cream.
7. What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to?
Well this has nothing to do with a 'traditional' thanksgiving dinner, but I cannot wait to eat some of Khya's Potato Cookies. All weekend long I eat waaaaay too many of these things. So good :) Shortbread w/ Cinnamon outside...mmmmhmmmm :)
8. What is your favorite book to read to children, or what was your favorite childhood book?
"Raggedy Ann & Andy's Five Birthday Parties in a Row" It was at my grandma's house. She has since given me the book. And while I cannot wait to read it to the boys, Hayden is quite hard on books that aren't made of cardboard, so I shall wait. He may be 13 before I read it to him.
9. Do you collect anything? (Feel free to post a photo.)
Swarovski's Annual Snowflake Ornaments. Love them.10. Gift bags or wrapping paper?
Depends on my mood and my budget. I love beautiful packages, but time and money often prohibit me from going all out. Especially when I remember what happens at the end of the whole package unwrapping business. Bags are far more practical.
11. Share an after-school memory from when you were younger. What was your routine like on an average day?
I watched a LOT of Saved By the Bell. Ate a LOT of Ice cream. Sometimes popcorn. And from time to time my after school channels would vary their programming, but mostly lots of Saved By the Bell.
12. True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? When you're fishing, do you feel for the fish??
I do not fish. Worms disgust me. Living fish on a hook make me gag. I do not fish, nor do I own a fishing pole. But I do have a friend who has a pink and purple one!!










.jpg)






12 comments:
BTW, that's my new favorite song right now too. And, I just so happen to be singing it this weekend as our special song. It really is an awesome song.
I absolutely love your inspirational quotes! A whole lot of food for thought in a nutshell!
I love your quotes...I'll be thinking about that last one too...Enjoy your day!
I think by "feel for the fish" it's meant, "do you feel badly for the fish." Do you feel badly that they are no longer free to swim to their heart's content. Just my opinion though.
I love LOVE ice cream too...my favorite food!! I ate it every.single.day after school growing up!
eww! fishing.... i'm a gagger too! i tried fishing once, caught a fish, threw the pole and ran off screaming....
love those quotes!!
Sarah loves Golden Books.... i've started buying them up at the thrift stores so we've got a small collection of them now.
Potato cookies? That sounds sort of gross :)
Your quotes are so true.
I bought the Little Golden Books for my oldest daughter and am so glad I saved them. Now she has them to read to her baby.
I love Saved by the Bell
Ouch. That third quote. Got.To.Stop.Criticizing!
Thanks for the mirror!
I just wrote that Rick Warren quote in my journal!
I used to watch Saved by the Bell too! That clip rocked, I miss that show ;)
Yep, with all the little guys you probably don't get a chance to sit down and watch anything longer than a commercial. lol
Fun answers!
Post a Comment