Thursday, November 12, 2009

Triassic, Jurassic, Cretacious


It's true. I am a dinosaur.

I wish it weren't true, but I would have a hard time proving it in a court of law.


Not speaking of my current weight, although I'm quite a fatty these days that could at some point come into question.

Give me a break, it's been 5 months since I birthed twins.

AND might I add, I spent 18 of the last 28 26 months pregnant.

{Wow...that is a statistic that I didn't want to think about}


BACK to what I where I was starting....

Here's my big confession.

I don't have an iPod.


I don't know how to work an iPod.

I can't even plug one in.

Shuffle, Nano, Giga-something....I got nothin'. I don't even know which one has a ...thing with the thing that goes with the other thing.

I don't really know how iTunes works....

and I don't really know how I got to this point.

Okay, so that's not completely true.

Girl meets boy, boy meets girl. Girl smiles. Guy smiles back. And girl swoons and  proceeds to loses all control of bodily function, and APPARENTLY the ability to operate relevant technology as well. {No, I didn't pee my pants...but ...I think you get the idea}

It has taken me some time to track this down...to recount everything I have apparently missed out on. But ever since I met Jesse, he has read the instruction manual to every piece of technology we have owned, and I have let him.

Ladies....I seriously don't even know how to work our DVD player.
And I wish I were kidding.

You'd think....I'm a Mac girl. Die.hard. Mac.
So you'd think I were even a little techie.

Pretty sure....that the last REAL piece of techology that I learned to work was......umm....uhh....Windows Media Player CD burner.

I heart CD's. And now they're not worth anything...

It is a wonder I even know how to write this blog, people.
Don't you feel lucky??

9 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I once heard someone describe a person who has a blog as a "techie". I almost fell out of my chair laughing :) If they only knew how idiot proof setting up a blog is :)

Michelle said...

haha! not laughing at you....laughing with you! wait till your kiddos get older and have to teach you stuff!! Sarah (FOUR) had to show me how to change the picture on the desktop...she was taught by her sisters!

H-Mama said...

I'm guilty of having hubs in the driver seat when it comes to all things techie. I hear technology doubles every 18 months... that's tough to keep up with while chasing little ones. Just sayin'. ;)

une autre mère said...

I'm with ya' sista'! I don't have an ipod either. And... I hate to admit this... but I've never even texted. For real. Stop laughing at me.

Mandi said...

I will admit - I didn't know people MY age were like this! When my cousin asked me "what's iTunes" I about died! lol!

My kids play on my iPod Touch, they can play games on my laptop (I set up their own screen and set PBSkids.org as the home page, so they just learned how to click to their desktop and open up the internet.) It's crazy!!

Sarah said...

Haha...Katie...I'm with ya on the whole dinasaur thing...in both accounts. ;) eh-hem.

BUT, I have no clue about IPods either...I didn't even know that and IPod and an MP3 player were the same thing 'til I accidently got a bouncy seat for Josefine that happened to have an MP3 connection (what???) and Jim said, "Now we can get and Ipod!" and I was all, "why?" :) So, I'm totally with ya, girl.

Sorry 'bout the fishy mouths...hope you didn't get sick. ;)

Jamie said...

You are not alone. I have no clue how to work the dvd player and I don't have an ipod either. And I pretend to not know how to work the coffee maker too...works for me, hubby makes me coffee every morning.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Yep - me too. :)Any thing I know about computers was by trial and error - learning things that normal people just know took me days - maybe weeks or months. :) I want an ipod, but don't have one. Never texted. :) Nice to know between you and your other commenters I am in good company. :)

Dan Cox said...

This is funny stuff! I think you really did pee yourself, which would make this whole thing even funnier! Anyway, I was wondering if you are trying to blame Jesse for your lack of knowledge of techknowlegy? I certainly hope not. Oh, well I still think it is funny!