Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My 2nd Random Dozen

I'm having a hard time being completely 'Wordless' today...so I've decided to continue today with an explosion of words..

If you'll remember, last week, my first "VLOG", And truth be told, while I was able to multi-task that post, it took a loooong time to get it posted. Lots of steps. Lots of time. So...the 2nd Random Dozen from Linda @ Second Cup of Coffee....
......Here we go






1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share. 
Within two school weeks my 8th grade year, I was informed that I look like an upperclassmen (by upperclassmen, I mean this girl was Jr), this girl's last name was Cady, and my first name IS Katie, you can imagine the confusion...I had the Vice Principal ask if I was coming for detention that afternoon (never had detention in my LIFE, I was mortified), a 9th grade math teacher stop me in the hall and ask me if I was related to this girl AND my history teacher in the middle of a lecture, STOP CLASS, look at me and say "Has anyone ever told you that you look like..." and I finished the sentence with the girl's name. Yes, yes people have told me that I look like this girl. I've never met her to this day. 

2. What's your favorite Beatles song? 

Okay...So, I'm a big Beatles fan, love me or hate me. If you haven't, you must see the movie "I am Sam"...that is probably very easily my favorite facet of that movie...all of these hilarious handicapped men and their obsession with the Beatles. 
*SIDENOTE* I totally want Beatles Rockband! *ENDSIDENOTE*
Okay, back to the question....Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds, Blackbird, Hey Jude & Eleanor Rigby.....seriously there are like 400 Beatles Songs, so if I have 4 favorites, that is totally allowed.




3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?
Dark Grey Champion sweats, Green ribbed tank top w/ White zip up hoodie over....is that specific enough ;)



4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?
Host. I love hosting & planning. I feel like I have to be so formal when I'm a guest.


5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?

I would be okay with it, I suppose, but I think this is an entirely unrealistic possibility. I have heard good things about listening to books on tape, though.

6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing?
Definitely not reading.....words overwhelm me.  I'm not a fantastic listener either. Experiencing is my answer, and unfortunately, a lot of times it is learning from my own mistakes.


7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)
We're going to assume said individual is a Christian, because that would be dealbreaker, numero uno. Beyond that....oh man...umm...I'm going to copy Amy's answer. A guy shorter than me. Deal.breaker.


8. Snacks. Salty or sweet?
M & M's and Cocktail peanuts make a fantastic combo :)


9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there?
The "Wicked" Soundtrack...probably been there a year. Need to break it out and brush up on the tunes before Friday night!!! {sense the excitement!!!!!}



10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?
So, the only Tom Cruise movie that I've ever seen is Minority Report (I double checked that on the IMDB) Prettttty sure I slept through it.  So, I have to say, that I don't have one. 


11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?

Take it back....I like expensive shampoo and can't afford to not like it.

12. Your favorite Fall comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.) 

Potato Soup. Apple Pie. Chili. 


Okay...that's all! I hope you'll participate, too! Or at least leave a comment with what some of your answers would've been :) Thanks again Linda for another fun 'meme'!

9 comments:

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

M&M's and peanuts...mmmmm, love them!

Chelsea said...

let me guess... Jamie Cady for question number 1.. ;) Am I right..? I don't think her sister looks like you so my guess is Jamie.

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

yeah, I knew Osky people would catch that, but their last name is totally part of the story, so I couldn't leave it out :) You caught me!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, I TOTALLY forgot about apple pie! Yum!!!

Sarah said...

Slept though Minority Report??? Those Cogs creeped me out too much! ;)

Soooo, like the "new normal" thing...I have been feeling the effects of a "new normal" as well! :) Tee Hee. :) BTW, the owl has arrived, and boy is he one cute owl...love it! THANKS!!!!!! How sweet of you!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I forgot you were going to see Wicked! Fun times!

Mandi said...

Mmmm, I forgot about pie too.... Yummy!!

Chelsea said...

hehe... I can see the similarities but I can't say that it was one of the first things that came to my mind when I saw you around.. Actually you know what, it JUST NOW dawned on me.. Remember that time at Taso's, I wasn't paying attention but Alex waved to you and when we sat down, he said that he THOUGHT he was waving to Jamie but it was you.. lol.. He had to think who you were, he knew you looked so familiar. Jamie is married to my cousin so this is how I know of Jamie. She looks different now after she had 2 kids, so I'd be a lil surprised if ppl say you still look like her.

Emily said...

I had a look-alike in high school too. It was so random with everyone getting us mixed up all the time and everything. At least we had the luxury of being friends though!