Monday, April 11, 2011

I Shall Be Cleansed

Okay, so what was it....a month ago, I was complaining about being fat? Something like that.

Normally, I am a complain--&do-no-action kind of person, but I kind of felt like I was at a point, seriously, no joke here, where either I need to do something now, or wait til I'm big enough to be a contestant on the Biggest Loser. Silly, right?

But lest you think I just decided I was fat and have done nothing, here's the update.

First let me say, I appreciated all the advice & encouragement. At first, I'll admit I was taken aback by the dissertation length comments....not offended, taken aback. But then I remembered, duh, Katie, you asked for suggestions. (!!!)


I almost immediately decided that I wanted to do a cleanse. I really feel like its an obvious decision to do a cleanse of some sort because after 26 1/2 years of poor treatment and a "garbage-in" mentality, why WOULD my body be prepared to enter an exercise regimen and shed tons of weight? It just isn't logical. After lots of research, decided to go with the Standard Process Purification.  I enlisted two friends to be my accomplices, as I knew doing this program alone was a bad bad idea. And now, I know for a fact, it definitely would've been a poor choice.

So...because I'm bad blogger these days, here's the skinny. Today is day 9 of our cleanse.
For the first 10 days, the only foods we are allowed to eat are fruits and vegetables, and no, potatos and corn are not vegetables. We are to take in 2x more veggies than fruit and preferably more raw than cooked. Whewwww! Along with the fruit & veggies, we are taking supplements{that are full of whole foods like kale, beet root, juniper berry, etc} that help to detox our body and drink 2-3 protein/cleanse shakes per day.

After day 10 of the cleanse, we get to add 3oz of lean protein {fish or chicken} per day, plus 1/2 cup of either wild or brown rice or lentils. Along with taking in 64oz of spring water per day, and in 21 days our insides should be spic n' span.

This is EASILY the most difficult thing I have ever put myself through. Childbirth didn't last 21 days, and my husband didn't eat homemade pizza in front of me while I was giving birth.  Either time. HOWEVER, because this entire endeavor is intended to be results oriented, and not just a 'fun thing to do', I will glllllladly share with you my results that I recorded after 7 days on the cleanse.

Drumrollllllllllllllllll............in 7 days, I have lost 5lbs and 9 {NINE} Inches!!!!! I can definitely feel the inches gone, especially the other day when I put on a jacket that I haven't worn comfortably for months because it didn't come together.

If you're thinking about doing a cleanse of some sort....I would highly recommend it--it's soooooo easy, especially when your family is eating enchiladas, or pizza, or cinnamon rolls, or goodies from a church dinner or......steak. Even a turkey sandwich. It's especially easy if you're a food blog addict like me ;)

3 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

WOW!! You are amazing. Watching people eat cinnamon rolls and home made pizza... might be right up there with childbirth.

Great job Katie!

peter marie said...

That is so awesome! Seriously, I am impressed. I've wanted to try a cleanse, but don't think I could do that long of one.
I have a friend who just got done doing that one too and loved it.
Hope the next couple of weeks go quickly for you and you see and feel lots of results!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Yay Katie! I was wondering whatthe cleanse was that you were doing! Hope the next few days go fast!!