Friday, March 11, 2011

Fun Friday Finds

I think that this might have to become a regular element in my blogging, 
because lately, I just keep finding all this awesome new stuff! Love it!!

:::  This awesome gathered clutch Diaper/Wipe holder made by my friend Sarah!
She and her husband and family are on their way to Germany to be missionaries, and for a $20 donation to their ministry needs, she sent me this awesome clutch!

It perfectly fits the Huggies Wipes Container and 3-4 wipes, and then fits perfectly in a large purse! 
Hayden thinks it's a pillow.
Each one she makes has been completely unique---so fun!

::: I was watching a gadget segment of, I think the Today show, and they showed this awesome little gadget that I'm thinking of investing in.
Easily one of my biggest struggles is waking up in the morning. Easily.
This is so difficult for me, and I know it's a matter of discipline, but what if I had a gadget that slowly lights up the room to slowly and effectively bring me from Rem sleep to awake? I think my life as I know it would change dramatically.


::: So, I'm kind of a bread snob....I will admit it. I think I've mentioned before that it floored me to learn that most breads contain High Fructose Corn Syrup, and I don't care what the commercials {paid for by manufacturers of High Fructose Corn Syrup} say, it isn't just like regular cane sugar. I could go on and on, but I won't.
Nature's Pride Bread has been our "go to" bread brand for well over a year. And for those of you wondering about price, it isn't terribly expensive. I often find them $1.88/loaf, sometimes 2 for $4. Not bad for a better solution for my carbohydrate-loving family.
I like wheat bread, and they have decent w.b., but some of their Double Fiber, Extra Flax Seed stuff is a little much even for me.
Until my most recent discovery

Oatmeal Bread.
It is awesome! Tastes nothing like Oatmeal, except the small flecks on top, and it is *softer* than most white breads.
I implore you to try it.
And I implore Nature's Pride to pay me for my free advertising. ;)

::: This super cute rosette necklace.
Super cute. 
I'm going to have to find an alternative to $39 for one, though because I think I'm in love with every color that they have. 
Ooops.
 But really, how cute would that be with just a plain Gap long sleeved T, in black or Gray or yellow or white, or .....I think you get my drift.
Allora Handmade. My birthday is coming up if you'd like to all go in and get me one....or four of them ;)

::: And finally....this one is a long time coming. 
Around the end of last year, I was contacted by Ford to write a spot on their 2011 Ford Edge. Yes, Ford Automotive. Cars, trucks, and vans. 

So, not only did I commit to writing for them, I had the opportunity to drive a 2011 Ford Edge for 2 1/2 days. 
It. was. sweet. 
Literally, this is a picture of the beauty sitting in front of my house. No, we don't like to rake, thank you very much.
This vehicle featured complete SYNC Technology complete with one touch navigation, Blue Tooth Capability, and ......my favorite--Push Button Start. 
Be still my heart.
This vehicle was leaps and bounds smarter than myself, but it was incredibly easy *and fun* to operate.  Although with a little mix of road rage a time or two, I did find myself shouting at the car. I might be crazy.

It also featured cool design elements like Ambient Lighting that was not only a cool design element, but also functional tool for moms like myself who are constantly dropping things, or having things {like pacifiers} dropped. Very cool.

If they can figure out how to put a 3rd row in this baby, I maybe calling Ford instead of Ford calling me. :)

Checkout the demos and videos on the Ford Edge, and lots of other specs that I didn't even mention at www.ford.com.

I would like to especially thank the sales team at Ulrich Ford in Pella, Iowa, especially Brian Kendall, for their cooperation and willingness to accommodate a "mom blogger". 

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

5 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Well how cool are YOU?? Writer for Ford!

I love all of your Friday finds. That rosette necklace... Yummy.

The Sneaky Mommy said...

The only thing better...a writer for Chevrolet! :)

Bread + corn syrup = NOOO! I agree! We buy some awesome oatmeal bread at Trader Joe's.

Rosette necklace--yes please! LOVE it! Hopefully someone will figure that out and provide a tutorial! :)

Have a good weekend!

peter marie said...

That little clutch is adorable!

And seriously, if you've got some fabric and a hot glue gun, you could make that necklace. Hmmmm....maybe that could be my next post? :)

We buy Arnold's bread alot. It's pretty cheap too and no hfcs. It's crazy the things you find it hiding in and that stupid msg is in everything too!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

FIRST -- PROMISE I'M NOT SHOUTING IT'S JUST EASIER TO TYPE ONE HANDED IN ALL CAPS :)

SECOND -- I'M A BREAD SNOB TOO :)

THIRD -- DID YOU GO TO THAT MOMMY BLOGGER THING LINDY INVITED US TO THAT WAS FOR SOME CAR SHOW? JUST WONDERING IF YOU GOT THE FORD HOOK-UP THERE, B/C IF SO...I AM GOING TO KICK MYSELF FOR NOT GOING!

LAST...WHEN ARE WE EVER GOING TO GET TOGETHER AGAIN????

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

I love, love, love that little clutch! And I wouldn't mind that car parked in my driveway either, awesome!