I am thankful your smiles & laughter....
....they remind me that life isn't worth all of the frowns.
I am thankful for your neediness and demanding-ness....
....and I am reminded that you are completely dependent on me....for now.
I am thankful for your coughs and sniffles....
....it reminds me to thank God for your health and wellness.
I am thankful for your naivety....
....and I remember that God does not see what man sees, but looks at the heart.
I am thankful for your shyness....
....because your heart isn't something to be given away frivolessly.
I am thankful for the times when you stumble and fall....
....I am reminded that you have much to learn in this life.
I am thankful for the times where you are naughty.....
....because I get to teach you about forgiveness.
I am thankful for all those drippy, stinky diapers....
....it reminds me of how the Lord has provided even diapers for us when we didn't know how.
I am thankful for your different voices....
....because we celebrate the uniqueness of the way God has numbered your days and the hairs on your head to be uniquely you.
I am thankful for your growth and achievements....
....and try to remember not to 'cry because it's over, but smile because it happened.'
Because I know....
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above...."(James 1:17)
and I remember....
"that to whom much is given, much more shall be required,..." (Luke 12:48b)
and I will purpose....
to...."lay up... My words in your [minds and] hearts and in your entire being...And you shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you rise up....That your days and the days of your children may be multiplied..." Deuteronomy 11:18-21 {Amplified Bible, condensed by me}
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















4 comments:
I'll now be finding my box of kleenex. Needed to read this today... as mine is driving me slightly mad. Thanks!
I just love this. LOVE it.
Thank you Katie for the great reminder of who we are to our children. It is great to have you blogging again I have missed your posts.
Beautiful post. One of my favorites!
Post a Comment