Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Grown Up Christmas List

Okay, why I made reference to that song, I will never know.....

....as a kid, it was one of my favorites, now, the mere mention of it is a mega eye-roll.

This should really be called my "Big Girl" Christmas List, or my "No-One-Will-Buy-Me-This-Stuff-Because-It's-Super-Expensive" Christmas List.

If "Santa" wanted to bring me the biggest stocking on earth this year......here is where he may want to start with his shopping.....

#1.  A Dyson.
Everyone I talk to says......best purchase of.their.lives. And as a friendly reminder, I have 3 sons.....I think Dyson and I could become good, good friends.


#2. These lovely boots.
I have stomped my feet and whined and prayed that this trend would die and never come back.

Until now....these boots, with the super cute Sweater ribbing at the top...although not official "Ugg" {gasp}, are pretty stinking legit if you ask me.
And they would've been mine....if I would've dared to get up at 4am to beat people up brave the masses of Black Friday.

#3. TWO of these incredible chairs.
Now, on the surface you see just a chair, a nice...brown.....chair.
But the secret.......is that the seat is STORAGE! Whaaaa?!? Buh-bye my pile of diapers & wipes in the corner!
 #4. An Apple iPad.
Maybe not theeee most practical thing ever....no less, they are awesome.  And after watching a 2 year old flip through incredible {and educational} apps on one of these {actually, hers was an iPhone, but...same, same}, over the past weekend....who needs a Leap...ster or Pad or whatever...when there is fun for the whole family on an iPad?!?!

# 5. And finally....the Cuisinart Single Serve Coffee.
I have been relatively skeptical of these single brew coffee pots.....but this one....has me more than interested. For one thing, you don't HAVE to buy the over-priced yucky tasting "pods", you can actually make your own pod out of your OWN non-yucky coffee. Dunkin' Donuts, anyone? AND....it has a 90 oz Water reservoir, so not only can you have coffee on demand.....you can make hot chocolate OR hot tea on a whim. 
Every.mother-of-young-children's.dream. 


And at the risk of sounding just plain greedy, you can add to my list the abolition of world hunger. 

Happy Wednesday and December 1 to everyone! 

9 comments:

Matt and Molly said...

I wish I would have known you wanted the boots. I was a crazy Black Friday girl and Younkers had tons of them 50% off. I would have been happy to grab them for you. Oh well, there is always next year or try younkers.com. :)

Jill said...

I got #1 about six years ago as a Christmas gift. I absolutely love it, and it was so worth it! This year I would love to get #4 and #5 on your list, but I don't see either of them showing up under the tree. Still, we can dream, can't we?

Ann@StringerMama said...

Love this list! I might steal this idea for my blog! hee hee! Hmmm now to figure out my dream ahem wish list! :0)

Erin said...

Okay, so have you noticed that we as women, really hold out on getting stuff for ourselves in hopes that they will be given as gifts? Guys just seem to buy what they want though. Makes Christmas shopping for them pretty difficult.

The Sneaky Mommy said...

The Dyson is not really a wish...it's a need. Seriously! Before our boys were born, we bought one as a gift to ourselves. (Before Cloe, we bought a pool table. Then reality struck!) I love it even more now that it's operable by a seven year old!:)
Hope that wish list gets filled!

Gina said...

Awesome list and a great blog idea, I may borrow it too! I got some younkers black friay deals on their website at about 7pm thanksgiving night, free shipping, no lines, AWESOME!!!
Also go for the dyson and Ipad I can personally guarantee both will be worth the money!

une autre mère said...

Good thing you stuck that world hunger thing on there. I was starting to wonder about you... ;) Really though, if there's ever a BOGO sale on those Dysons, I'll totally go in on it with you! Like that would EVER happen... but one can dream, right? :)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I TOTALLY want a Dyson. Actually, right now I think I'd just settle for a vacuum cleaner that works. But a Dyson would be icing on the cupcake :)

Oh, and did you know that you can brew your own brand of coffee with a Keurig too? I only know because I sort of toyed with getting one. But...too expensive. Boo :(

Alicia Lenoir said...

I justed wanted to say you can make your own coffee with a Keurig and tea and coffee without having to use the filter cups. The cusinart does look awesome though. I love this post you make me laugh.