Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Blogging Sabbatical

So, Blogher, Adsense, and some of my 130 (really?!) followers may have noticed, that of late....Katie doesn't really blog. Katie QUIT blogging.

Okay, so I didn't quit. Officially.

I've blamed it on busy.

And I've blamed it on babies.

I've blamed it bloggers block.

But to be honest.....those are just rationalizations for the core reason.

I've just felt a little........censored.

I don't say bad things in my blog. I don't swear or slander. And I've only been called out on my content a couple of times.....

But the problem is....the "phantom" followers.

You see, I don't "know" my audience. I don't know that they all approve. I don't know that you all like me. A personal problem, I recognize. And as our life has taken different turns this fall and this year, I've found that many of the things that I most wanted to blog about.....weren't topics for to bring to the blogging table.  But I hate offending. I hate hurting feelings, I hate not being approved of. Again, mostly a personal problem....but this is what blog readers want right?! REAL, so here ya go.

I am not everyone's favorite person ever. I accept that.
I'm a Christian, and not everyone gets that. I understand that, as well.
I'm a mom, who has an unconventional story, and some people don't understand. Gotcha.
I have strong, sometimes unpopular world and life philosophies. Unpopular about sums it up.
I'm a Conservative. {gasp} Yes, we do exist under the age of 50. And, no, we're not radical, but we are passionate.

I can't be all things to all people, and somewhere along the  lines I will probably offend you, too. Sometimes, my fingers get ahead of the brain that the good Lord gave me.

 I got a little tired of the fluff posts that I had been slapping up on a daily basis, because I "didn't want to offend", and didn't want to "say the wrong thing".

I'm not sure where I'm going from here with my blog, BUT.....know that I'm back, for the better part of......"indefinitely."

This blog was birthed as I prepared to birth the biggest surprise of my whole life. And now, as we raise these sweet little hooligans, I find myself at odds with the identity of my blog. Is it about what I want to write, or about them, or about one mini-facet of my day that I try to make interesting to my readers......lame, but that's what I have found myself becoming.

I'm looking for a balance between "diarrhea of the mouth/fingers", aka a daily rant on everything wrong with the world ....and the jibberish, and daily nothingness that I had been posting.  The #1 goal here is that Christ be honored in what I say and do, so if you don't feel I align with that, please let me know....in a respectful way.

So, we'll see what happens......the Baby Factory is back in business.....

....and I don't mean that literally ;)

And you may have to be patient with me....I'm a camera down and barely remember how to construct an interesting blog post.

12 comments:

Alex said...

I am so glad that you're real - it is a treasure! I love reading your blog and you have inspired me to get back on to mine. I also have been blocked because so much is on my heart but I'm scared to say it out loud for fear of retribution...

You go girl! :)

Jill said...

I have missed your posts. Occasionally I also struggle with whether or not what's in my head is appropriate (not necessarily the right word) to discuss on my blog. I've thought things that I've not written because I've worried about what people will think. But this is truly a way to be yourself. So be. There's more than a few of us "baby factories" out here. And there's more than a few of us under-fifty conservatives as well. Let 'er fly! : )

Anonymous said...

I read your blog (whenever you write) and like the glimpse into your life and family. Because I am Linda B's mother I know and love many of your relatives. Please keep sounding out on practical issues and conservative (Godly) values.

Ann@StringerMama said...

Appreciate your honesty Katie! I'm looking forward to what your future posts hold! I started blogging for a different reason than it is today and I'm okay with that but I've realized it definitely takes a little evaluation once in a while! Good to hear you're back!

beccarankin said...

Go for it. Real is hard, but good. People like the real.

Shannan Martin said...

Good for you! Happy to have you back on the wagon.

ps- I'm a Conservative, too! GASP!!! ;)

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

Always remember its your blog and if people don't like what you have to say, they can move on....you write what makes you happy!

Rachel said...

The more you write, the more I find out that we are alike :) I totally get where you're coming from, but I'm glad you're back!

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Glad you're back!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Cassie said...

Your 'baby factory back in business' is pretty hilarious!! Sorry I've been MIA, things have been crazy with a baby and Ash's wedding (this Saturday). Next time I'll be in Osky I'll give you a call, maybe we can go for coffee or lunch? Take care and happy thanksgiving!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Katie, all I can say is that in this sort of "return" post of yours, you have been a great encouragement to me...I just finished writing my "return" post too. After an almost 6 month break. :-/

The great thing about your blog, Katie, is just that. It's YOURS. I understand not wanting to hurt feelings, but the fact is if they don't like your content, they can just move on. You be real, of course you'll be kind, and no one can have any complaints against you. Carry on.
:-)

Erin said...

Welcome back and well-said. I've missed your posts. I look forward to what you plan to share in the future.