Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Owen Don

My middle child.  Owen.

We slaved over this little boy's name.

Slaved, I tell you.

We loved the name Owen, but do we love it THIS much?

Yes. We do.

We weren't going to have alliterated twin names. 
But we liked the idea of the same middle initial.

What did I like?

Owen Dallas
& 
Silas Dean

What makes sense?

Owen Don
& 
Silas Dean

I really REALLY liked the name Owen Dallas. And for those it offends, I apologize, but I really, really, REALLY didn't like Owen Don. 

I may have been secretly hoping Jesse would change his mind when he told the doctor's what to put on the birth certificate.

But Don is a family name. It's my grandfather, Jesse's grandfather AND Jesse's father. 
It just makes sense. 

Interesting, though, my Owen Don.
He is definitely a little mixture of all three of his grandfather's Don.

He's a lot of mischief, with a gentle heart.
He is a huge goofball, and super analytical.
He loves to love, and loves approval. 
He takes his time, and does everything on purpose.
He expresses his opinion, even when sometimes no one wants to hear.




Yes, he is completely a mixture of all of the grandfather's Don.  

And even though it has taken me a little more than a year,
 I am so, so glad he is Owen Don.


6 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Love the tie -- you're right, you could totally make those!

peter marie said...

Adorable picture!!
Owen Don is a sweet name. Good choice. :)

Annie said...

what a cute pic!!
i think his name seems suiting :)

Unknown said...

Love the name and the pic.

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

SO cute!!

H-Mama said...

Is there anything cuter than a lil' man in a tie! Look at all that personality in his expression. Cute!