Monday, July 12, 2010

That & This

This summer has definitely taken on a life of it's own, and to say we are "busy" would be the understatement of the whole world.

Here are a few things going on at our house these days:


  • Just wrapped up a week of Bible school herding teaching the Pre-primary (4-6 yr. olds). Our class averaged about 21 kids, which is plenty big if you ask me :)They were a lot of fun and it really was a great week! I was able to have this lady's daughter and her little cousin.....too cute! 
  • Last week I had my first migraine ever. I didn't realize it was a migraine until I vomited....good times.
  • Yesterday I became another year older. It really was a fun day. Saturday, Jesse & I were able to get away for the day and go shopping and out to eat.
  • On my actual birthday, we planned to get up early and go for coffee....only to find that Smokey Row is not opened on Sunday AM. Which....really I'm glad about, but at that moment, I was not so glad about. THEN, at church, for our 2nd service, I was the pianist, and was playing through the offering time, and I was playing along, going pretty well, when I looked up at the next page......and it...wasn't...there. No kidding. What the heck do you do then?! So...I played a couple of notes that I could remember off hand.....and then made large-ish gestures so that people realized what happened....and I stopped playing.  I know it's funny now.....I really do know it's funny, and is it the biggest deal ever? No, but at the time I wanted to cry. But I refrained. I couldn't cry on my stinking birthday. I'm just that smart, apparently. 
  • In other news, I am "quitting pop" until the end of August. After any residual birthday celebrations are over, I will not be consuming {*tear*} any fountain Pepsi, or other soda beverages until our vacation at the end of August {I can't drink the water in Mexico....and so I need SOME option}. I have been procrastinating on getting in shape and loosing weight for my sister's wedding & our vacation, so now it's go time. Wish me luck.
Well, my long lost bloggy friends.....that should update you for today. If you still take the time to read my blog, that is ;)

8 comments:

Becky said...

Good luck on the pop give-up! My stomach hurt reading your story about the missing sheet music - I would've died!! I'm glad they understood, but I still feel bad for you!

Chandra said...

Love your blog! Always makes me smile...hope your day is happy!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I would've been so embarassed about the missing sheet music too! But it wasn't your fault, I'm sure everyone understood :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Oh my goodness--you poor girl! Migraines, missing music, and no coffee...I'm so sorry! Hope that relaxing trip comes quickly! :)

Mandi said...

Excited to follow the Baby Factory! Your week sounded crazy...hopefully it settles down a bit! :)

Unknown said...

Aww ... Happy Late Birthday!

Amanda said...

Yay you!! Pop is horrendous for you... I think you are WISE to make such a healthy choice!

Blessings-
Amanda

une autre mère said...

Thanks for being Addie's teacher! She said you were GREAT! :) And so sorry about your birthday mishap. I would probably want to cry too, but you know those church people love you so much, you could've played Chopsticks and they still would've appreciated it! :)