Friday, January 8, 2010

To Resolute or Not To Resolute

I gotta admit, I am totally not a big New Years Resolution person.

It's not that I don't think that I need to make adjustments, tweaking things, add new behaviors, etc,
 But, as quoted from a bloggy friend, "like things are gonna change...JUST because it's January?!"

Yeah, right.

I'm not one of those people who when the clock strikes midnight on 1/1, I immediately turn the page to make good habits.


Two years ago, Jesse made a New Years Resolution that he kept for an entire year... 365 days whole crazy days:
No pop.

Seriously....is there anything crazier?!? But he did it!

Here are my thoughts for the coming year, like it or hate it:

1. No pregnancies in 2010!!!
2. Return my abdominal region to it's pre-pregnancy existence
3. Send Thank-you notes and cards when appropriate, within an appropriate timeframe. {keeping #1 should assist in a smaller volume of these!}
4. Take more pictures. {and edit them}
5. Read through the New Testament every quarter. {that's 4 times}

So.....to start the new year off right.....with fulfillment of #4.





That's some serious brotherly love right there!

Happy Weekend!!

14 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I wish I knew how to edit pictures. I mean, I can crop them. But some people are so good at making them look...well...GOOD! Maybe you can teach me :)

une autre mère said...

I like resolutions like yours that actually sound attainable... unlike no pop for a year. That's just plain crazy. But kudos to him for doing it. Is he fully human? Just curious... ;)

And love the pics - good editing too, although with boys as cute as yours, the pictures don't need editing!

Summer said...

Adorable pictures!

And no pop for a year-- did he lose weight doing that?! I bet he had to have! (I think it's proven!)

Maybe we can trade off... you have no pregnancies this year, and I can have it! :D

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

At first I read it "no poop for a year" - yeah, not good.

Any way, LOVE the pictures and I too adore taking and editing pics. SO fun!I might even be a little bit obsessed...

I'm with you on the resolutions. I don't really make resolutions - just some goals that I hope to attain. With no pressure if they are not attained...

Anonymous said...

Those are great goals!

And good luck on the abdominal one. My baby's almost 4 and I'm STILL working on that one. :)

Anonymous said...

Look at your beautiful babies!

-Tiff

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

Amen to no pregnancies in 2010!!

I'm with you on that one :)

Thanks for commenting today. I'm following you now too :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Seriously cute baby boys!
I like the idea of reading through the New Testament often--there's so much in there that always pops out as new each time I read it!

Emily said...

Your boys are adorable! Great editing, too! There is no way I could give up pop for 365 days, I don't even think I would last 7!! Congrats to him for doing it!!

H-Mama said...

#2 will never be a reality for me without surgery... and even then. sigh... oh well.

cutie-patootie pix!

Michelle said...

look at your little cuties! ohmygoodness! adorable

Annie said...

best wishes for 2010 and accomplishing your goals!!

p.s. i think you should have more babies! look at how darling those pictures are!! i love it!! :)

Jamie said...

You crack me up with the no pregnancies goal! Those kiddos of yours are so adorable!

Amanda said...

lol no pregnancies.... you are funny.

Great pictures!!

Blessings-
Amanda