This is totally not what I signed up for.
So what, I went to Bible college. I took secretary classes!!
Um, God? Hello?! Remember? Secretary Administrative Assistant classes? You know, typing, accounting......
....and how I didn't take any women's minstries classes?
Yeah, so I kinda did that on purpose....I know, I know...that was wrong of me....
But sometimes being unqualified for something like this really could come in handy.
Did I mention that I'm only 25? More years under my belt would be helpful.
Oh yeah, and public speaking? Pretty sure THAT'S not my gig. Not my kind of gig at all.
I haven't publicly spoke....since high school. Well....maybe a little in college.
So when I was given the invitation to speak at a Ladies Event {and by event I mean 100-150 of my closest friends from throughout SE Iowa...} at our church....what did I do?
Pray.
Oh my. {puke in my mouth a little}
And pray some more.
And I remembered:
"Moses said to the Lord, 'O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.' .
So the Lord said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Or who make the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the Lord? Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what to say."
Exodus 4:10-12
I'm not claiming to be Moses or anything....but have a look through Exodus 4 and remember God is able and I KNOW that I serve the SAME God as Moses and Abraham.
So there you have it.....my big "secret".....what I'm praying about....what God is doing in my life....
It's going to have to be ALL HIM...because this is sooooo not my thing.
Your prayers are greatly appreciated.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















19 comments:
But remember Moses had Aaron speak for him ;)
Just kidding! You'll do great!
Good for you for stepping out of you comfort zone! I will definitely pray for you!
I am completely with you on the public speaking, writing is so much easier, no faces staring at you, no awkward uhms and ahs to stutter over, oh wait, that's not helpful is it! :)
You will do great, they probably wouldn't have asked you if they had any doubts!! But just in case, you will be in my prayers.
i'm sure you are going to do fabulous!!
i'll be praying for you sweets!
:) I'm teaching public speaking to my 8th graders right now.
You're so wise now that you have twins... just like Kate from Jon and Kate plus Eight :) And everyone wants to know how you survived!
I'll be praying for you!!
Just found your blog and think I just might enjoy reading you. We had a son in August 1981 and twin sons in June 1983 so I can relate to your baby factory feeling. A piece of advice from a mom who lived through it. Don't ever take for granted those young days as they truly do just fly by! I can't believe it. I have two sons married, one more to be married this summer and two grandbabies! Where did the time go?!?
I know it can be scary - public speaking opportunities began to come my way a few years ago and I was terrified. I usually start out kind of scared and stuttery - but then I just feel like God shows up in a big way and takes over. I am so grateful for that!
I think you will do really well and maybe even love it. :) Excited to hear how it goes!
You know, I'm one of those people that actually likes public speaking, but I get crazy-nervous before actually making the speech (definitely throw-up-in-my-mouth crazy-nervous ;). I will most definitely be praying for you! Are you able to share now what you'll be speaking about?
This is so awesome, Katie! I, too, am anxious to hear what you will be talking about. And where!
Sending prayers your way, but I just know you will do fabulous!
-Tiff
I just found your blog, and I am in SW IA too!
I enjoyed your Random Dozen post.
I'll check back to see how your talk went :)
You can do it! You have a Bible and twins and three boys--pretty great material! Excited to see how God uses you!
There you go.
--Terrace Crawford
www.terracecrawford.com
www.twitter.com/terracecrawford
Oh, girl, I so know how you feel.
When I had to speak at my first women's event and speak in service, I thought I was going to die. I didn't eat all day for fear of stomach sickness.
You, go, girl.
And, by the way, I still get sick anytime I think I'm going to have to speak. But, I just obey.
What an incredible opportunity. I always find that these experiences cause me to grow so much!!!! Looking forward to hearing how God uses it.
Obviously someone thinks you have something to say... or they wouldnt have asked you! I think that you have a healthy perspective on God's will for you... and I love how you relate to Moses, who was TERRIFIED of public speaking!
You can do it. Really, I know you can. AND, not only can you do it, you can do it well!
Blessings-
Amanda
I'm dealing with my own feelings of "unqualified-ness" right now. I think it is a tactic of the enemy's to make us focus on what WE bring to the table instead of what GOD can do through us in our weakness.
God loves to use the "unqualified" because that gives Him all the more glory! So stay on your knees and don't let the fear overcome you. He's called you there for a reason and HE will give you better qualifications than any school, class, or degree could ever give you. :)
Maggie and I are praying for you and will continue to pray for you. We know you will do just fine. Thanks for your testimony! Press ON!
You go, girl! Let Him speak through you! So proud of you, and I know He's going to do something awesome through you.
Post a Comment