--1--
Today is the last day of the first "normal" week we've had in a long long time. Adjusting to a "normal" daycare routine, etc.
This is Jesse's SECOND working 40 hours!!
This is Jesse's SECOND working 40 hours!!
I exaggerate not when I say the last time that happened,
Hayden was 4 months old.
Hayden was 4 months old.
Praise the Lord!
--2--
Jesse and I work with the teens in church, and for the 3rd year in a row we will be putting on a Valentine Banquet for the adults. I LOVE planning this dinner--it is soooo fun and everyone really enjoys themselves. But it always sneaks up on me with a busy holiday season that doesn't end until January 9th and you just want to exhale and take a little snooze when you realize.......VALENTINE'S DAY IS IN LESS THAN 30 DAYS!!!
--3--
Have I ever said how much I heart Craigslist? Oh man, do I ever.
Check out my Craigslist Valentine Banquet decoration find......
Sweet, no?
--4--
I'm trying to think of an awesome dessert for the banquet too....seriously if you have any thoughts for me, I am all EARS! Last year we had a chocolate fountain {one white chocolate & one reg. chocolate} and it was an enormous hit. Everyone loved it!
I can't bring myself to do it two years in a row. I'll be more than happy to do it again NEXT year, but seriously, you can't do the same thing every year.
Thoughts? Suggestions? E-mail me your genius thoughts!
--5--
Hayden's latest and greatest is again his vocabulary....oh man this kid just kills me.
"Okay........yeah"
"Oh NO!!!"
"Nap?? Yeah!......ee Paci!!"
{Guess what time is the only time he gets the paci}
"Wuh you....Mom"..... :)
--6--
You are all very sweet for your encouragement yesterday. Two things about that.
1) I want to be clear, this wasn't my idea of a good time and my "having something to say" is really irrelevant to me..again ALL HIM.
2) I don't begrudge being asked, although STRESSING this isn't my thing, like Mama Belle said....I will just obey.
Although I am seriously hoping this doesn't catch wind. I am good with this being the only time....or at least give me like a 10-15 year break, huh?
--7--
I know I'm not always the most riveting writer and I thank you for your kind words regardless...obviously you're not the only one who thinks I'm a bit....well....dry ;)
Clearly Owen is just thrilled..... :)
Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!


















6 comments:
Oh that picture kills me!
Hey, do you mind emailing me some of the stuff you do/have done at your banquet? I was wanting to do something similar for our kids but we have a small group and I am running dry on ideas. Yours sounds awesome!!!
I love the bottom pic. So cute!!!
I just wanted to let you know that I have linked up to your site. Your blog designer has donated a blog design package to http://www.hope-for-haiti.blogspot.com and I used your site as one of her portfolio links. Hope it's ok!!
Jenny
That last picture is hilarious!! I am making 250 cupcakes and 250 cookies for our churches banquet this year. All by myself. I am going to try to a simple elegance theme... white, red, maybe some pink...but I might just end up being a huge disaster!! I have never made 500 desserts before! Good luck with yours! Oh. And with a decorated cake in the middle. ;)
That picture totally cracks me up! I have no suggestions for you, but can't wait to hear what you decide to do for dessert.
Ok, That picture of him is hilarious! Totally priceless!
Post a Comment