Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm No Boy Scout

I hate packing to go places. I always forget stuff.

"Being prepared" should be my mantra...but it's more like an after-thought, really. I try to cut myself a little slack on the basis that...well, I have 3 other little people to get ready to get out the door, too.

Yeah, that's not my reason....just my excuse ;)

So taking our youth group on a winter retreat weekend is no exception.

We've BEEN to this retreat before, albeit 2 years ago, and I have had THREE babies since then....my brain is likely slightly taxed over said events....

AND, it's not like it's going to be 10 degrees below zero, so why on earth would I need....

....a scarf...
...except for being outside..

....snowboots...
...except for sledding and walking through 2 feet of existing snow...

...gloves...
...except for snowmobiling through the super cold wind....

...long und*rwear...
...except for playing outside at ALL...

...and a camera....
...for documenting such madness...

No, I didn't FORGET those things...nope, not me.
I MEANT to leave them at home...


Hey....at least I haven't completely lost my mind...seriously..

8 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I'm convinced that the "pregnancy brain" never REALLY goes away :)

If it makes you feel any better...I don't even OWN snow boots. And it's not like we live in Florida, either :)

Unknown said...

Is that a picture of you?

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Haha...oh goodness, no :)

Oh, and amy....I don't have snow boots either. For the time being it's a nice excuse not to shovel ;)

Erin said...

I hope you had a great time at the retreat. I thought of everyone often throughout the weekend. It's still strange for me to not be a part of all that. Too bad you forgot your camera. I'd love to see pictures.

une autre mère said...

Oh, I completely understand! By the time you pack up 3 other little ones (who need everything but the kitchen sink - although that would be helpful too), it's amazing that you even remembered your und*rwear. Of course, I'm just assuming you remembered that...

But kudos to you for going to a winter retreat at all. Doesn't sound like a ton of fun to me right now.

Alicia Lenoir said...

Don't feel to bad about not owning snow boots, because until last year I didn't own boots either. Let me just say it is great owning a pair of boots I don't slide around as much as I do in other shoes and my feet are dry after going out and shoveling. Plus it was getting pretty sad for me not to have snow boots when I have lived in Iowa for about eight years knowing every winter we get snow and very cold weather.

Jamie said...

Did you take your little ones with you? When you have to pack for kids it is so hard to remember the things you need as well.

Amanda said...

OH no!!! That is SOOOO something I would do. I am not organized and am ALWAYS forgetting things... so I can feel your pain!

Blessings-
Amanda