In the spring of 1987, missionaries Bob & Pam were serving the Lord in the Philippines when Pam became very, very ill. Doctors said she had somehow contracted amoebic dysentery. During her recovery process of strong antibiotics, it was discovered that Pam was pregnant.
Doctors urged Pam to abort the child, explaining that the antibiotics had done irreparable damage to the child.
Pam refused.
She had a rough pregnancy, nearly losing the child 4 times, but continued to refuse an abortion.
She tirelessly prayed for her child, calling out to God, pledging her child to the work of the Lord. She promised God that if He gave them a son, they would name him Timothy, and he would be a preacher. {Reminds me of Hannah}
Against all medical odds, on August 14, 1987, Timothy Tebow was born.
And he is a preacher. You probably recognize him as a great football name, as well you should. Tim Tebow became a young man who preached in hospitals, prisons and around the world....including on the football field.
Because of Timothy's success and fame, the family has been able to share their story and their faith in the one true God around the world to crowds who would otherwise turn a deaf ear.
They have now chosen a media outlet that annually draws crowds of epic proportions. The commercials for during the most "important football game of the year" the Super B*wl.
Suddenly being called into question is their FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT to freedom of speech AND the Press?!? Feminist organizations all around the country calling out to CBS to pull the ad before it is to air on February 7th. Their claim is {and I quote} "This organization {Focus on the Family} is extremely intolerant and divisive and pushing an un-American agenda."
Pardon me for just a moment, while I use my blog as a soapbox.
Regardless of what a court ruled in 1973, LIFE is not un-American. A child {or anyone's} God-given right to life is not un-American. If I recall, the Declaration of Independence bestows upon all citizens of our great nation the inalienable rights, endowed upon them by their creator, the right to "LIFE, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness".
As of now, CBS has claimed they will run the ad, sandwiched in between their hoards of ads flaunting debauchery and sexual images.
If Budweiser, GoDaddy.com, and Burger King can have their 30 seconds of fame, why can't those who promote God-LI-ness rather than God-LESSness have their 30 seconds?















22 comments:
Dave and I were just talking about that last night.
It's interesting that for people who talk so much about being "tolerant" they are so intolerant when it comes to someone who has a message they disagree with...
Amen!
omygosh!! you should run for president! i 100% agree with everything you said. thank you for putting this out there. i may link up to you...and get my readers to stop over. :-) happy thursday!
Amen, Katie! This kind of thing just burns me up.
And the women's "pro-choice" movement does too. Don't they realize that the woman DOES have her choice...she makes it when she decides to sleep with someone, which results in an unwanted pregnancy.
That pregnancy isn't for her to choose...it's the consequence. Her choice was already made.
Pardon me while I use your blog as a soapbox! :-)
We saw a piece on this story on Bill O Reilly the other night. It irritates me that all those who want their "rights" to decide are the same ones who dont want us to have "rights" to disagree. Why are they so threatened by people who believe that God provides life at conception? Why are they so afraid that others HEAR our side and HEAR that abortion is wrong?
Ugh. This makes me so mad. I hope CBS play the ad....people NEED to hear their story.
You should TOTALLY soapbox more often/
I had not heard about this yet. I hope that CBS doesn't back down and does run it. And what an AMAZING story! It DOES need to be shared!
Very well said!
Wow--I had not heard this story yet, either. Praying it will be shown and glory will be given to God for LIFE!
Somehow I've completely missed this story. Thanks for standing on your soapbox! I knew Tebow was a genuine Christian, but I didn't realize the circumstances of his birth. So cool! I'm joining Londa and praying it will be aired and bring God glory!
Wow! Amazing story! Thanks for sharing & I truly hope CBS continue to air them!
-Tiff
They have just as much right to run their add as BK and all the others. People just need to get over themselves. I am still lost on what I believe as far as religion but I would love to hear all sides. I hope CBS holds true to their word.
Well said!I did not know Timothy Tebow's birth story. God will use us with the talents He has given us IF we allow Him to be in control.
I love his story, I love that they are doing this, I love that they are using what happened to them for God's glory AND that they have such a great venue to air it.
Awesome.
He makes me like football again...so many players both college and pros just lose their way. I know with God on his side he will do great things.
Amy
Saw the story on the O'Reily Factor... It is disheartening how unbeliever view these issues. I hope that CBS will air the commercial but regardless - Tebow's story will be heard, even if it is just through facebook profiles and blogs. Good work, Katie.
This story is so powerful and touching and I just prayed over this situation this morning hoping that their commercial gets to air. I know satan is fighting this full force...which must mean that God is going to be glorified in this...
Thanks for standing up for what is right.
Blessings-
Amanda
I think God is still working - people that hear there is a commercial about an influential sports figure are going to check out the commercial. Whether or not CBS runs the commercial, God is at work in people's lives! Not to say that the ad shouldn't run, because it should. The people that don't want this to run are drawing even more attention to something they don't want given any attention. :)
I hadn't heard the whole story - only that his Mom refused to abort him. Thanks for sharing and "soapbox" away Katie!!!!
You can get on your soapbox any day! I send along a hearty, AMEN!
Amen, Katie!
Great post!
Post a Comment