Friday, January 29, 2010

You Can Take your Weight Watcher's and stuff it-- Dessert, please?


The other night, my hubby and I took a little trip to a neighboring town.

Jesse had a sweater to exchange.

And a sweet lady had given us some money for the express purpose of "going out to eat" {yay!!}

We were excited to go to Applebees. My hubby's fave.


I ordered a steak.....without peppercorn or asiago cheese.

....thinking, it's on the 550 cal menu WITH that stuff, I'll get it without and be all the smarter...

What kind of potato? Hmmm....well, they have roasted baby reds....

Like in the commercial.

What happened next was like a sick joke.

Our mozzerella sticks come. Yum-o.
{so you can see, healthy wasn't exactly what I was going for ;) }

Our dinner came. 

Steak. Yum.
Steamed veggies. Yum.

Roasted potatos...four.
Four BITES of roasted potatoes.
Are you kidding me, smalls?!

Maybe it's a mistake, I'll ask.

"Ma'am, I just wanted to check...is this the portion size for the roasted potatoes? I mean, there's only FOUR?"

"Yep. They're on the Weight Watcher's Menu. That's it"

Well, WW....you can KEEP your stupid potatoes. I wasn't at Applebees because I was on a diet {not that I shouldn't be}

Watch that commercial over. Pause at 19 seconds. 
Count 'em....there's at LEAST 6 baby potatoes. 

4. FOUR?! Really Applebees?! 

Like 7 would have been perfect. 

And this explains why I need to go on a diet ;)

Happy Weekend Everybody!

8 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Hahaha! :) I know. I SO know. This exact same thing happened to a friend of mine when we went to Applebee's last week. It was laughable.

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Ha! We've got an Applebee's gift card too -- I'll have to keep that in mind :)

Unknown said...

Maybe you should have asked for extra taters since you didn't get the goodies on your steak! LOL

That stinks! But, glad you and Jesse were able to go out to dinner together!

-Tiff

Amy said...

I went to a Italian restaurant chain a while ago and got the lasagna and it was so puny. I guess they are trying to cut back on their portions, but I didn't go to an ITALIAN restaurant to watch my portion sizes...

Being on a diet is WAY overrated...ha ha

Amy

P.S. the word I had to write to post was donut...ha ha

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Found your blog randomly and its so cute! :)

Summer said...

I got called into this post with the word 'dessert' and seeing applebees mentioned... the last time I was there, I soooooooo wanted to get that huge cookie with ice cream, but restrained myself. Now I want it.
Thanks, Katie!
:P

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

This is sooo funny...and so true!! I say eat what you want at Applebees - like the Chicken Rollup...mmmmm...

Anonymous said...

you kill me!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you need to write a book!! I would buy it :)