Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Random Dozen for the End of January

Before we get started today.......Mama Belle is having a giveaway. She's giving away a King Cake, and when I WIN, I get to pick out any kind I want....I'm super excited to win ;) But if you want to try to win yourself, you can leave a comment on her post and enter the contest...

*********************************************************




Another week of good questions from Linda@ 2nd Cup of Coffee
Answer your list and head over and link up with Linda!! 


1. How good are you at delaying gratification? 
No. Horrible. I always give gifts before the birthday or Christmas if it's something that I'm really excited about....Like for instance for Jesse's birthday last year, I got Jesse an Iowa Hawkeyes #9 {Tyler Sash} Jersey....complete with SASH on the back. I was soooooo excited for being suuuuuuuuch an awesome wife. I totally gave him his gift on Monday before his Saturday birthday.

2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?

Fountain Pepsi....all day long.

3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?

Did you read #1? LIKE a THREE! 

4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?

This one time.....I reached a goal of being super skinny and I realized it's not all it's cracked up to be......wait....no.....that wasn't me...sorry...got confused there for a minute.  ;)

5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?

Umm.....if I know the short cut. Like the computer I'm all about Ctrl + N or whatever shortcuts I can use. 

6. Which line is hardest to wait in?

Public venue bathroom. People stare at you funny....and it's like "duh, hello?!?...we're all here for the same reason." and there is no more awkward conversation than a bathroom line. 

7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?

Nope. That's not how I roll. See #1 & # 3.

8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
Why is this all about patience?!? I guess the elderly? If they're my own children, then I could be relatively patient....other people's kids...not so much. Sorry. 



9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
Maybe................ :)

10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?

9 months.
No seriously....3 months waiting to find out what we were having with the boys. Or 9 months waiting for all of our babies to be born...

11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other? 

Jesse. Hands down. He can be stone cold when I'm bursting with anticipation. 

12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James



D is a good song.......I guess, though, the BEST song on waiting is John Waller, While I'm Waiting



14 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your patience thing! LOL I'm not sure how I waited until birth to find out the sexes of my babies. (except Carys!)

And I can totally see you getting all excited and Jesse just calmly sitting there! Too funny!

-Tiff

Jill said...

Your answers are so funny! #4 made me crack up.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

What a great song...and a GREAT movie, too. Thanks for the reminder!

Other than that, you pretty much crack me up. Thanks for the many laughs!

"wait...no...that wasn't me..." ha ha!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

What's Control N?

And as for being skinny, funny joke I heard on SNL:

Seth Myers: In an interview last week Kate Moss was quoted as saying "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels." Said the rest of the world: BACON"

I concur :)

Amy said...

First I have to say GO HAWKEYES!!!

Ok now down to business...Yeah I'd love to be skinny and then have to eat my way back up 'cause skinny wasn't all its cracked up to be...

Great answers...and I miss Iowa!!

Amy

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I love reading your blog and laughing. It's fun.

I can relate with #11 so much. Nothing makes me feel more guilty than a spouse who is so much more patient that I ever could be. He is amazing!

achildoftheking said...

Katie, this is an awesome post. I especially appreciate the video. Thank YOU Jesus.

Amy said...

BTW - I run into Bruce Jenner everywhere, but not the others. Their store is right around the corner from where I work, but have never been in.

It is a crazy place in which I live...:)

Amy

Joyce said...

Loved your #4! That was too funny.

The Sneaky Mommy said...

#6--crack me up! I try to be friendly but sometimes you just have to draw a line in the bathroom...you start talking, hit it off...do you keep talking in between stalls or does it just die off awkwardly...better to just avoid it!

une autre mère said...

I could ditto you on almost all of those! Patience is not a virtue... at least for me. ;) Like today, on my way to the mall, I got stuck behind the SLOWEST moving van for the ENTIRE 20 minute drive. And of course, there was no passing lane because I was taking the SHORTCUT! I thought I might have a panic attack right then and there. Luckily I survived, but I'm still feeling jittery when I think about it. Do I need help? :)

Nel said...

You are too funny! Thanks for sharing.

until next time... nel

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link, lady!

Susanne said...

Love that song!

Do I dare admit I'm a Coke brand girl myself? :v}