35 women, 37 men
72 people including Grandma, a visitor & 2 significant others
3 pastors
1 missionary family
1 US Marine
1 legally blind man, who is a great Rook partner :)
3 named Jack, 2 Jeremys, and 2 Michelles
4 middle names 'Jack'
3 named Jack, 2 Jeremys, and 2 Michelles
4 middle names 'Jack'
3 college students
1 High School Senior
7 babies who are Hayden's age or younger
3 former University of Nebraska Athletes
1 Nurse
9 women who are taller than 6'
4 Tire guys
Representation from Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, New York, Ohio, Minnesota
Metropolitan Areas represented: NYC, Chicago, Kansas City, Minneapolis
3 nights in a hotel
1 Great Aunt showing off her mad babyfeeding skills
4am Black Friday shopping
6 hours or less sleep per night
7. The number of Potato cookies I ate.
2 pack n plays, 3 babies and 2 double beds in 1 hotel room
1 lovely time for all
360 days until next year's Thanksmas!
Hayden & his cousin Jayden















15 comments:
Wow! The only thing missing was ... ME!
Sounds like an incredible time with family and friends!
Significant other.....I Wonder???????
Pastor Steve
Sounds like you had fun!!
Nine women taller than six feet??? I would be short in your family! :)
wowie!! what a family you have!! sounds like a lot of fun though! :)
Fun, but makes me tired just to read all that. Whew!!
Sounds like you guys had a great time! Also sounds like a crowded hotel room. lol!
Amazing! I have heard tales of the Limbaugh Thanksmas dealie from my friend, the great aunt (my kids say she's a GREAT aunt, too!!), but this helped me visualize the madness! :) Aren't you so thankful that God designed us to fit together and make a family?
nice summary, but it still doesn't capture the essence.
One of the Jeremys
This is true, Jeremy.....but could one really capture the entire essence that is Thanksmas? Is there a blogpost long enough?
I would contend not.
:P
Good seeing you all this weekend.
Thanksmas sounds like a ton of fun with all those people! 72...that is a lot of people.
Good times. You are certainly blessed with family. Love. it. ;)
Thanks Katie!!! What a great time it was and what a nice way to sum it up!! By the way, I really do like your Rook partner, he is GREAT! Love you,
Nita
Katie,
Excellent post. I have tried to explain numerous times to people what Thanksmas is truly like. I can't really do it justice. It is best understood through experience. Your summary was very good.
It was great to see you and your family. Madelyn thoroughly enjoyed holding one of the twins (I can't remember which one she was holding because I can't tell them apart). If you lived closer, she would definitely be a go for babysitting.
Wyn
(Additional fact - Three men with Wyndel as their middle names to take after Grandpa)
Thanks Wyn!
I enjoyed that Madelyn enjoyed Silas. He seemed to enjoy cuddling with her as well.
It was great seeing you all, as well. I can't believe how old your kids are getting....it makes me feel old, too.
Seems that after I published this post I remembered several facts that I could've included, like 2 Jennifers for instance...oh well...that's kind of the overload affect of Thanksmas. Love it :)
Katie,
My wife just informed me that there are actually four men with Wyndel as their middle name. Sadly enough, I forgot my son. Not sure what that says about me.
Oh, well. I guess it just means I am old.
Wyn
Post a Comment