Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Random Dozen, Who on earth are Hall & Oates?!





1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?  
A lot. I splurge way.too.much. Did you see my outfit for Wicked? Yeah, big fat splurge, and so was the outfit ;)

2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.
K, so I was nervous there for a sec....no idea who or what Hall or Oates is. Have to be the name decals in the boys' room.



3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?
Currently....just right. I know that we have as much as we need, and I may have to keep reminding myself of that for years to come.  But do I think that we'll live in this house forever? No.

4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?
Outdoor Chore? Next question please...
JUST kidding. I really don't have a favorite. I hate them all equally :)
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?
Smoking grosses me out. It's just icky. I would not do it. If it were suddenly the ONLY way to lose weight.....I'd be fat forever :P
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?
Pretty neutral on this subject. If it were through winding mountains or during a storm, I'm riding. Otherwise, I'd be willing to drive, but I don't feel I HAVE to.
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?
The love of cars and desire to aquire....{preaching to the choir here, I love me a nice car}, but they're not a growing asset, and the destruction of them is not always in your control.
I guess all around the acquisition of "things". Like they say, you never see a hearse pulling a U-Haul. 
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?
For a movie, 15-20 minutes....maybe 1/2 hour.
For a book, you get one chapter, or I'm done. 
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?
'Your Man' by Josh Turner. Love his voice, and they aren't 'racy' lyrics.....very appropriate for married couples.  I don't think there is a woman in America that doesn't want her husband to sing this in her ear...










10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?

I'd say 8. I still go to bed pretty early, so that takes me out of the running for late night runs to the store or wal-mart like in college....but last Wednesday I did suggest we drive to MN that day--we didn't end up going, but it was my idea. If it didn't take us an hour to pack to go ANYWHERE, I'd be at LEAST a 9.
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?
Beverage snob totally.
I will DRIVE ACROSS TOWN for a resturaunt that serves Pepsi. And that heavily weighs in my decision if they only have coke. (Subway was way better when they had Pepsi, btw).
If you want the best beverage in the world, come to my town, we'll go for dinner and you will LOVE the pop at my fave resturaunt in town....no lie, Heidi even thinks so ;) Right, Heidi...good pop. 

12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life?

My reputation. I don't know if that makes sense, but I would say it is all encompassing. I like things to be 'just so', so that I look good.  Dinner parties, my appearance, my children's appearance/behavior, my 'things'.......ugh. 


Well, that was a happy way to wrap that up ;) Click on over to Linda @ 2nd Cup of Coffee, there are lots of links to look through. And have fun! Do one of your own!!

18 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Katie, Katie, Katie...have you ever had Vanilla Coke? It blows any Pepsi product far, far out of the water. But then again...I'm a total Coke girl ;)

Melli said...

Don't listen to her Katie! Pepsi is all there is! LOL!

Josh Turner could sing ANYTHING to me! *blush*

Great answers!

Brandi said...

I hate all outdoor chores too. And I totally agree with you about smoking.

Summer said...

Hall and Oates = good music!

Are you talking Tasos or another restaurant? PEPSI all the way!

Lindy said...

I love your answer to #4. :)

The Farbers said...

Katie, your makin me feel old. Look up "your kiss" by Hall and Oats on you tube. Or " you make my dreams come true".

Amen to the Pepsi thing!!! Nearly as good as sweet tea!

Actually Josh Turner looks a little bit like my 25 yr old son, so I am not really in to it. lol

Joyce said...

The generation gap is definitely showing this week : )
Hall and Oates were huge in the 70's/80's...

Love the Josh Turner song too! It was fun to read your answers...have a great day

Jewel said...

I hadn't heard Josh Turner, and I don't think is any reason to be ashamed. hehe.

Material possession seems to be so trivial, yet it CONTROLS so many! I agree with you! Society can be re-dic-u-lous!

Pam said...

Love the name decals! What a cute idea. : )

H-Mama said...

Seriously, LOVE the decals. DK sings that tune from time to time. So funny!! Enjoyed reading your answers. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I LOOOOVVVEEE the name thingy! So so cute!!!

I like your answer for #12. I think we all do that, whether we're willing to admit it or not.

Sarah said...

That's hilarious, Katie...we'll be ignorant about Hall & Oates together, although my hubby knows who they are...says you can hear their music on Time Life infomercials... :) Oh, the knowledge on acquires when she marries a man 9 years older than her! ;) Anywhoo...love your "outdoor chore" answer...I'm with ya...and the splurging thing...you were a more honest woman than I. I would have to give my sista an "amen" there, too. :)

Anonymous said...

You HAVE to know who Hall & Oats is! I bet if you heard one of their songs, you would know!

I'm a 100% Coke girl. . .Vanilla Coke Zero all the way! You will have to try it. You try my fav & I will try yours. K? *L*

-Tiff

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Aw, the names look sooo cute! Oh, I am also a Pepsi girl :).

Susanne said...

Isnt' that funny, I'll take Coke over Pepsi anyday! But I can't say the decision on a restaurant has rested with the choice they have. You are one serious Pepsi fan! :v)

Emily said...

#12 is true for me too. We were heading to 4-year-old's birthday party last weekend and I was realy anxious because I didn't think the tissue paper we chose matched the Sesame Street bag we had. Then I realized I was being crazy and I had to let it go. But it was hard...I mean, the other moms were going to see that present too!

Kim said...

Love the song by Josh Turner; had not heard it before. Yeah, that's a song to make the heart go pitter patter :-)

The name decals for the twins is so stinkin' cute!

You have my admiration: three wee little boys -- wow! Got a kick out of #10 and crack about it taking an hour to pack. LOL

Have a great week!

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Interesting answers - #7 is great. I too prefer Pepsi but will drink Coke if that's all they offer.