Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random Dozen Number One and Eleventy Hundred--I bet you're sick of learning about me by now ;)

Well, if you're sick of me.....then too bad ;) I'm back with another Random Dozen.

Do participate, it is great fun. Thank Linda! It's her brain child :)



1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)
I usually write the 1st letter of a word in print and then the rest cursive. I'm weird like that.


2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
Hah. Well...I grew up a dreamer, and I have to say part of it still hangs on a little, but I am starting to view the world through very realistic glasses.  I think being realistic is the only one can survive having 3 babies under 18 mos. 


3. Billy Joel or Elton John?
Billy Joel. River of Dreams & Uptown Girl. Elton John is just nast. Except I do like Piano Man. Bout it. 


4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.

The Dark Knight. Hated it. Probably the only person in America who did, but I hated it. Too dark, too evil for me. Sorry, but I just cannot fathom what a poor a sweet little boy would have to go through to mentally and emotionally come back from having a psychopath hold a knife to his throat. Maybe it's being a mother to boys...I don't know.

5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?

January 19, 2002, 10:50pm. My sweet 1994 white grand am swerving down a gravelly road on fresh snow into a ditch head first into a utility pole. Not one of my finer moments.

6. What word do you misspell without fail?

resturaunt. restraunt. restaraunt. resturant.  restaurant!!! I never would've figured that out, and by the time I did figure it out....the whole word just looked strange. I heart auto spell check

7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at.

Cooking. I wouldn't even say I LIKE to cook. But I wish that I could make beautiful fantastical arrays of food. That's why I watch the food network all.the.time.

8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?

I like alone time sometimes. I feel busy when I'm around people.

9. Have you ever been on TV?







Not me, but Hayden has been!! And he IS part of me. So, yes, by default. Last year during the week before the Iowa / Iowa State game, the sports broadcasting team from our favorite news station did an 'RV TV' Circuit that came to the O-Town....Hayden got some serious face time :) T'was fun.  
10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)
Apple. But I will have one piece of pumpkin during the Thanksgiving holiday.

Apple is a funny little animal, though.....no two people make Apple Pie the same way....it can be a verrrrry nervousing thing at a church dinner to take a bite of someone elses' Apple Pie. But I DID make these yummy pies.......and they were down.town.


11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?
Not even one. 


12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?

That contrary to popular belief, I am NOT in charge, and my life and my family's lives are in GOD'S hands. 
 'As for God, HIS way is perfect, 
the word of the Lord is proven, 
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
For who is God, except the Lord
and who is a ROCK except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength 
and makes my way perfect'
Ps. 18:30-32 (emphasis added)

17 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh I thought Dark Knight was very disturbing too.

I loved your #12...could have written that one myself.

And your apple pies look delish...Enjoy your day!

Chandra said...

Hi! I just found your blog...and I really love it! Its so fun!

I am an all boy mommy too! My oldest is Noah-6, Zion-5, and Quinten-2. We miscarried twin boys, Daniel and Isaiah at 18 wks. gestation...so any all boy momma, and especially a momma of twin boys, has a special place in my heart!

Susan Berlien said...

These question and answer posts are a good way to gain insight into your life. THanks for the updates and insight! :)

Amy said...

I loved reading your answers.
Blessings,
Amy

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I remember seeing Hayden on TV :)

Also -- when i came to your site the Google Ad on the side was for Hall and Oates tickets. Funny :)

Jill said...

I love these random dozen questions every week. It's a great way to meet and get to know others.

Mandi said...

Katie, I love these posts :-) And I love doing them too! I mean come on, easy blogging! ;-) (PS your #12 is exactly the lesson I'm re-learning right at this very moment. Ouch.)

This Heavenly Life said...

What a good list! Lately I've been misspelling 'pumpkin' every time I type it. It comes out 'pumkin' without fail. How hard could this word possibly be?!

H-Mama said...

What a scary moment, Katie!

Hayden SHOULD get face time... he's precious!

Oh my. Hot apple pie is the best. Yummm...

SouthLakesMom said...

I'm wowed by your answers, impressed that you have any time and energy to blog and mostly, humbled and overjoyed that you are taking being a mom to three so young with a big dose of humor...baby factor? That's funny!

There's a friend from church who had quads -- they're 2 1/2 now, but when they were newborns, the entire church was exhausted!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Dark Knight. I held on until that scene at the end and then I was like, "Are you kidding me? Who in their RIGHT MIND would do a scene like that with a CHILD???" Messed up.

Apple pie hands down - YUM!

And clear something up for me: I thought Piano Man WAS Billy Joel? At least that was what I was going to put for my answers. Hmm, now I'm confused...

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

OH my word....Rachel you are so right! Piano Man was Billy Joel.
Rocket Man is Elton John. How retarded am I!?
In m defense......google it Piano Man, Elton John...there's tons of hits. I think I'm not the only confused one ;)

Susanne said...

I hated Dark Knight. Couldn't even sit through it all. So glad I saw it at home so I could go do something else. Blech.

Emily said...

Oh yes, I agree. Dark Knight was VERY scary. My husband loved it, but I just thought it was too upsetting.

Michelle said...

loved learning more about you!

and you are SO right about the apple pie!! who knew they're so many ways to make it!!

your hayden is precious!!

Sarah said...

I haven't seen Dark Knight...mostly b/c I heard of the "darkness" and I just wasn't interested...so, I'm glad to hear your "review."

Also...that IS a weird word (restaurant) when you look at it all those ways!

With ya on #12...

And yay for Billy Joel! :)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I would not see Dark Knight no matter how many people strongly encouraged me to. And after my grown daughter saw it, she advised me not to allow her 16 year old sister see it. My son was taken aback, as well.

The baby--he is adorable.

thanks for playing this week. have a great weekend. Visit a rest-o-ront, maybe?!