Thursday, October 29, 2009

Around the House

So, I ripped off borrowed this idea from Sarah @ Life in the Parsonage....
who got the idea from Melissa @ Breath of Life.....


I thought it was kind of a neat idea.... so we'll se how it goes :)


Around the House: October


Reading:  The Pursuit of Holiness, Jerry Bridges;  Created to Be His Help Meet, Debi Pearl & 19 Minutes, Jodi Picoult

Enjoying: A dreery, dark morning and the sound of a downpour while all 4 of my boys sleep in today.

Learning: Something new about being a parent every single day. I've got "Mommy" down pat, but "Parent"....wow...thats a toughy! "Parent" Katie has to be consistent and disciplinary-ish all laced with love. Learning, learning.

Watching: Owen & Silas get bigger and bigger. And Hayden get more and more interested in them.


Anticipating: The Iowa Hawkeyes win over Indiana this Saturday, making them 9 & 0!!! And really getting excited for Nov 21 when we go to the IA/MN football game. This is nostalgia for me in a few ways. Maybe by then I will get to tell you why.......be excited ;)

Realizing: Once these boys are mobile....my life is gonna change. Boy howdy....it is going to change.



Pondering: An assignment for a study I'm working on is "List 10 Things You Would like to see changed/improved in your marriage"....holy buckets...to get 10 things one has to be quite specific...but I like general better. General....is safe :)

Studying: The definition and role of a 'help meet' {me} as my husband's wife....this could seriously be the hardest study that I have ever done. But undoubtedly, one of the most rewarding.

Wondering: If maybe someday...when the boys grow up...maybe they could like like twins? Please? I have a sneaking suspicion that one will be very tall...and one will be average --> short.

Remembering: to turn back our clocks on Saturday night.....cannot wait. Even if it gets darker earlier. That means I'll get up earlier right? Hmm....


Praying: for everyone here to stay healthy. Owen, in particular, has had quite a little cough, but it seems to come and go. No fever....but he also has 'spells' where he is just inconsolably angry. Not sure what that's all about, but they did tell us in the NICU when Silas had a very irritating cry it was because he wasn't feeling well. Cross referencing, cross referencing....I think that means that Owen isn't feeling the best. Praying for just a cold. No croup, no whooping cough, no H1N1....etc. etc. etc. Is there some other illness that I should also be trying to deflect?


So, what's going on in your home these days?

8 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I'm trying to imagine all your little guys running around... :)

Praying your family stays healthy too!

Matt and Molly said...

This is neat! Watch for mine a little later! :)

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

Neat post! The book you are reading (Help Meet), sounds interesting.

Emily said...

I hope Owen starts feeling better soon. Poor little guy.

Summer said...

I have the 'help meet' book, too!

See ya on Nov. 21st ... Raun is excited!

Jamie said...

That study you are doing sounds like a good one...deep and challenging, but good.

I liked this post!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Created to be His Help Meet is my FAVORITE book...by that I mean I can almost recite it! WOW--it's so convicting, wonderfully helpful, and packed with God's Word which is life transforming! Love it!
I love reading about the boys' stages--it makes me so nostalgic! AND because I've walked that coughing road: call your doctor! It'll make me feel better! :) When our Carson coughs, it's related to asthma. A few treatments and he gets much better. We learned the hard way and ended up with a long hospital stay when he was a little baby. Reactive Airway Disease (asthma) is pretty common in twins and our boys are close to having outgrown it...sorry for leaving you a book! Can you tell I'm in a house with little people all.day.long...

Anonymous said...

Do you mind sharing what book you're doing the study from? It sounds awesome (and something this helpmeet could probably use!).

Praying your family stays healthy too. I'm ready for the sick season to pass!