1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher.
I had several. Mostly elementary teachers were my favorite. I have 3 or 4 teachers from elementary school that were my favorites. Teachers who are retired now, but when I see them in the grocery store......still remember my name. I have only a few high school teachers who remember me, and probably fewer college professors. I tried to fly under the radar, but I really appreciate teachers who are still interested in past students.
My fourth grade teacher actually sent me a card when I got married AND when Hayden was born. Super awesome.
2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life.
When Jesse and I were engaged, I found out that a high school friend of mine's parents had split up. For some reason, that really shook me up--finding out that divorce can happen to anyone. At first I struggled with if I was 'ready'. But after 'dealing' with that aspect, in preparation for vows that I planned to take, I made a commitment that I would MEAN my vows and that I would do everything within my power to keep our marriage strong and together. For.ev.er.
3. About favorite colors--a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke?
Green. Like Kelly Green. I have a brother-in-law who always says "Genius' pick green".
4. What's a sure sign that you're getting older?
I've got one. Only One. Ridiculously prominent gray hair. I refuse to pull it. I dislike pain.
5. Please don't sermonize, but Halloween--is it a yes or no for you?
It's a 'yes'. Like anything, it can be done well or not so well. I'm not into grotesque or evil costumes, but when you see my sweet babies all dolled up in their costumes....you'll be a 'yes' for Halloween, too :)
6. What's your favorite musical?
Well, this isn't a dumb question, but I'm not going to shock you with my answer....
WICKED!!
7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse?
I would say more a Suburban Mouse. I like the availability of all thing city, but I like the quiet of the country.
8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It's true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, "Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn."
Go to a movie and buy POPCORN!! Our theater has the best popcorn ever.
This question comes from Paula at His Ways Are Not Our Ways.
9. What's the craziest thing you've ever been doing and texted during it? I only thought of this b/c I was about to try to text during my walking video but I didn't.
Paula, you do know that this blog is rated G, right?
Driving. I know....not that crazy. But pretty darn stupid. I've seen a video that would make anyone never text and drive again.
10. "It's not a party unless _______."
There is plenty of food. I love hosting parties....and there is never a shortage of food at my parties.
11. When you're stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS: There are no magazines available.
This depends....am I by myself? Because if I have 3 babies with me, I'll guarantee you that I'm plugging pacifiers and doing some major crowd control. If alone, I play with my super exciting non-internet phone or balance my checkbook. I am sooo creative.
12. If you weren't yourself, would you be friends with you?
Heck yes! If I wouldn't be friends with me, then why would anyone else want to be?
















10 comments:
Great answers. I've never seen WICKED but have heard several people talking about it...I'd love to see it.
Crowd control. That's funny... I may have to steal that. ;)
Love the color green.
ONE gray hair? Really? {sigh} Don't pull. Color. {not that I would know anything about that. shhhh...}
Good list Katie! I like your Suburban mouse answere - way to skirt the issue :) But I'd answer the same way, so I think it counts as a perfectly legal answer.
Great answers! And I totally get the crowd control. When my kids were little I was tempted to make doctor's appointments for myself so that I could have a little peace and quiet while sitting in the waiting room!
Let me know when you host your next party & I'd be more than happy to come over and sample your food! :-P
-Tiff
Cute answer to #12... :) Makes perfect sense.
And about my Halloween question...thanks, glad it made sense. Also, I must clarify - I'm not totally sold on 'No Begging for Candy' yet...I mean, I really don't have to worry about it since Germany probably doesn't celebrate Halloween. In fact, Oct. 31 in Germany is Reformation Day. :) BUT, I did love begging when I was a kid...and was never exposed to the evil through Trick-or-Treating. Honestly, there was nothing about it at all besides dressing up as the cutest thing you could think of and showing your costumes to the neighbors who gave you candy. It was later when I was going to truly haunted houses (and not truly haunted houses, even - just made me more "comfortable" with the idea) on Halloween and playing with the Ouija Board and so on and so forth...which could really be (and was) any time of the year. It's a distraction Satan uses to get people "intrigued" with something other than God. And it works. I suppose one could say that Trick-or-Treating is just the beginning of all the rest. But, like I said...not totally sold yet.
Another verse I use that reminds me why even scary movies are a no-no for me is in the 2 Corinthians love passage. "love...does not rejoice in iniquity." Like those blood bath movies that are so popular during this time of year.
Besides all that...it just gives me the heebie-jeebies.
You just keep right on not plucking that one gray hair because the day you do three more will turn up in its place! Trust me on this one.
Wicked would possibly have been my second favorite-it's fantastic.
That's the 2nd Wicked answer in a row. My friends are just crazy about it, so I know all about it even though I have not seen it.
I enjoyed getting to know you better. thanks for playing, and hope to see you next week!
You are not old! You're just outnumbered!
Enjoy those babies in cute costumes...and don't text while you drive because they are watching everything you do and will tell you about it later when they take Drivers Ed -- trust me, I have a 15 year old. I know this to be true. ;-)
You were a teacher's pet weren't you... :)
Post a Comment