Monday, September 21, 2009

Ode to Summer Oh Nine

To Summer Oh Nine
Where have you gone?
What seemed to come quickly
Is now almost done.
You gave us great weather
Only one week was hot...
But, so busy we were
that our fresh food often rot 




Dear Summer Oh Nine,
you brought us such joy

We no longer have just one
but now three little boys!
For the many days that we stayed at Blank
our God, friends and family we thank!


Oh Summer Oh Nine,
By my skin tone, one couldn't tell
That the weather was beautiful, 
yes, it was swell!
I have no excuse
Cuz I don't go to work
I'm now home with my babies
That's a nice perk!


Summer twenty ten will soon be here,
of  course it will, that's only next year
The boys will be one and Hayden, two 
I'm sure that I'll say
"Boy, the time just flew!"
I promise that next year I'll get a nice tan
even if from a bottle, I'm going plan

Tomorrow will be fall
Yes, it really is here
for my favorite season
I've waited all year.
For football, bonfires and cider I've waited
there are surely many memories to be created

I hope that you've enjoyed my poem just fine,
This Ode to our beautiful Summer Oh Nine

7 comments:

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Hi Katie....just stopping by to let you know that you won my book giveaway. Please email me your address so I can send it to you.

Happy Monday!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

:) Great ode to summer '09!! :)

It's been a big summer for you hasn't it?! Wow, that would be an understatement...

I love love fall too!!! So excited! Our fall will bring us some sweetness for sure!

H-Mama said...

I love this post! Very creative. This is my favorite time of year... many holidays around the corner. My girls are counting down the days. Little ones make it even sweeter. ;)

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Great post! I also, loovve Fall!

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

The sleeping babes are soo adorable!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Cute :)

Sarah said...

This is so cute! :)