Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Anecdote and Some Extra Fun


By popular demand, I have to share a story with you.

My son Hayden has a friend.

His name is Elijah. We call him 'Lijah.

Last Sunday evening, 'Lijah's parents, Jesse and I were playing cards.

Rook, if you must know.

Hayden and 'Lijah were playing. Kinda wrestling.

When all of the sudden, Hayden takes 'Lijah down.

Jesse scolds Hayden and tells him to get off of his friend.

Hayden gets up and starts bawling.

WAILING.

{Confused looks all around--Did his feelings get hurt?!}

Then we notice it...

....a sticky substance on Hayden's hands.

Sticky, BROWN, substance.

Oh.my.word.

Seems lil 'Lijah had been stopped up....and now was no longer stopped up...all up his back and Hayden stuck his hand RIGHT IN IT.

Hehehe!

{Hayden & 'Lijah awhile ago}

So, last night, while we were playing cards (Rook) again, Jesse was expressing his dissatisfaction with a particular hand of cards that he was dealt.
 Elijah's dad, who is famous for his bad creative jokes, pipes up...
"Maybe you grabbed Elijah's back and got poop on in your hand"...

Best joke he's ever told.

*****************************************************************

So yesterday was a fan-tas-tic day.

I won TWO THINGS!

I never win stuff.

First, I won a giveaway from Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate & Little Boys

I won a copy of the book "You Were Born for This, 7 Keys to a Life of Predicable Miracles" by Bruce Wilkinson.


I'm looking forward to reading it!


THEN


I popped over to read Susan @ Warm Chocolate Milk and I'm reading along, reading along....and all of the sudden she's giving away a blogging award.


I'm kind of in a fog until I see MY LINK!


Sweet, Pete!


Maybe some of you don't get as excited about this as I do, but I love blogging, and am just so honored that other people like my blog that finding out that someone really likes it, is just icing on the cake!



So what does this mean, exactly?

Nothing, other than that I get to bestow this award on some of YOU!

So, here's the rules of the award:
1. Each Superior Scribbler must turn and pass on this award to 5 of the most deserved blogs.
2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the blog and name the author from which he/she 
received the award on his/her blog.

3. Each Superior Scribbler must display the award on his or her blog, and link to this post.
4. Each blogger who was awarded Superior Scribbler, must visit this post and add their name to the Mr. Linky. That way we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this presitigous honor.
5. Each Superior Scribbler must post the rules to their blog.


So, without further ado, here are my winners of the Superior Scribbler Award:




2. Wendi @ Every Day Miracles








If you get a chance go take a look at their sites. Thank you all for reading! And thanks Susan for the award! You made my week (And it was only Monday!)  Have a great day!



10 comments:

Lindy said...

That story is so funny! Are 'Lijah and Hayden still friends? :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

:) It seems so...we went over to pick Lijah & his parents on Sunday (to go to DM), and Hayden could see him from inside the van and got all excited :) It was super cute.

Dan Cox said...

Yes! First, Elijah made it to the blog! Second, you said I made the best joke ever (that is told by me)! That still makes me laugh! Those two guys are super funny!

Emily said...

Oh yikes! Sounds like quite a night! But, what a great picture!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Ew to your story and congrats on your wins!

This Heavenly Life said...

Ugh. Touching poop is never fun, I don't care how young you are...

Sarah said...

Wahoo! :) How exciting & THANK YOU, Katie...how fun! And about the poop...too funny. When Josefine was first born she hardly EVER pooped. So, we made it a habit to check to see if she was wet by sticking a finger ever so slightly on the inside of her diaper. I learned the hard way never, EVER to do that again. Ick. :S Hehe!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

YAY for winning the book (I mailed it today) and Yay for your blog award. You deserve both!!!

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

While that blow out wasn't fun for Hayden, I'm sure it was even less fun for mom or dad to clean up...those up the back diapers are soooo gross!

Unknown said...

Suh-weet! Thanks for the award!