Friday, September 18, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday

Apparently this week, I'm just a big bandwagon jumper.....so lets try it out....



--#1--

As you may have noticed, I've been trying to do some reconstruction my blog.....is it like decorating your house? You know, how the work is never really done?? And I wish I could see what you see...I've been told that the layout is just pink, no sides with green and black and white??? Umm...houston? Yeah. That's a problem.

--#2--

The other afternoon, Hayden and I were cuddling when the tickling commenced. He has a hilarious belly laugh so I can hardly help myself :) I started taunting him with "a-boogaboogabooga" which again, huge belly laugh (so cute), and then he returned the favor "a booka bee, a booka booka bee". And now.....he's a broken record.

--#3--

I'm currently reading 3 books. The Pursuit of Holiness, by Jerry Bridges; Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge & 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult. Good reads.

--#4--

I've been dizzy lately. Really dizzy. But oddly, I don't feel dizzy until I lay down at night, and then the room spins. I don't get nauseous, just super dizzy. And when I wake up in the morning, dizzy still. Usually until I shower. According to WebMD, I probably have Type 2 diabetes, carbon monoxide poisoning, Vertigo, or Middle Ear Infection...fan.tastic.

--#5--

Last week marked the 8 year anniversary of 9/11. I didn't blog about it, but we watched about 2 hours too much of documentary on it. Memories are still engrained in my mind of that beautiful, turned nightmarish of a September day. I can say I haven't "forgotten", per se, but I did need a renewed sense of hatred towards the wickedness that was 9/11, and a renewed sorrow for those lost.

--#6--

It's finally the weekend...my sister and I are going shopping tomorrow at the outlet mall and nearby city...and I do love shopping. Then on Sunday, my OTHER sister's boyfriend is being ordained. Should be a great weekend! Oh, and...
...Go Hawks!

--#7--

I couldn't completely forego 'Photo Booth Friday', so here we go........
....The boys are in the "beached whale" phase...so cute!!



Okay, so this may have been called Quick Takes...but it took me a looong time to come up w/ 7. No less, it was quite fun! Thanks to Jennifer @ Conversion Diary for the idea!

Happy weekend, everybody!

18 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I was dizzy early on in my pregnancy with Lily...I know you don't want to hear that but I'm just sayin'...anything's possible :)

Pursuit of Holiness -- good stuff.

Wish I could be shopping the outlets with you tomorrow :)

And which sister has a boyfriend that's being ordained? I know nothing of this! The boyfriend or the ordination! Not that you're required to keep me updated on your sibling's social lives, but still...

Sometimes I wish Lily was still in the beached whale phase instead of the "let's-not-play-with-our-toys-but-instead-grab-everything-in-sight-and-shove-it-in-our-mouth" phase.

Officially my longest comment EV-ER.

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

It's official....we need to start e-mailing again ;)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Agreed :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Your boys are just melting me - oh my! Adorableness.

I'm sorry about the dizziness - that's a bummer, but I did have a good laugh over the many diagnoses' of Web MD...

Have a great weekend!

Emily said...

From what I can see, your blog looks great!

But, have you been to see the doctor? (Not that I'm one to judge...I keep thinking I may have broken my foot, but I just can't quite find time to call my doc. Instead, I'm hopping down the stairs. I know...it's bad!)

une autre mère said...

Don't worry - I can totally see the green trim and black and white cool stuff on your blog. I think it looks amazing! And I'm still wondering how you made your header... are you some techno guru or something?

Anonymous said...

Your background looks fabulous to me!

Your boys are TOO cute!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Katie...not techno guru, just good at following instructions. Just google it!
(ACTUALLY, I got the header thing fr/ cutest blog on the block and then edited it through Picnik on FB!)

Anonymous said...

Owen is looking more, and more like Hayden. If memory serves correctly, many comments were made of him being a little Hayden they night they were born! Still holds true. Silas is still a Little Katie! thanks for letting me watch them last night, way fun!

And Yes, the back ground and boarder is great...and colorful!

Love, Mom

H-Mama said...

Love Captivating! Great book. Sorry about the dizziness. Hope that goes away on its own soon. I'm going through my second visit with Mr.Vertigo myself. No. fun.

Cassie said...

I can see all the awesome colors and prints in your background, I think it's faboush!! :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog and your blog header is great.

Had a free night to blog hop. Hope you will stop by new Christmas blog ...There is a great giveaway that I will draw for on Oct 1st and all you need to do to enter is comment. http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Matt and Molly said...

#1: I can see the black & white & green but only a little bit.

#3 My small group girls from Chicago & I started Captivating. Do you have the workbook too? It's good.

#4 I'm going to go with the CO poisoning...if you need to barrow my CO detector just let me know. :)

#6 A little jealous of the shopping. No one ever wants to go with me to the outlet mall.Watch out for that Coach store, it will suck you in...

#7 Your kids are seriously cute. :)

Have a great weekend!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Molly....I have BEEN to the Coach Store. Love.it. It's a fun way to get a REAL coach bag for not a million dollars :)
I would totally go with you to the Outlet mall, as long as you'll stop @ the Children's Place w/ me :) Speaking of that, some night we should get together for dinner or something! That would be fun :)
And, I didn't realize their was a workbook till I started reading it the other day...I might have to pick it up!

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

These were fun to read -- thanks for participating! Also, I love the title of your blog (with four under five I can totally relate), and I was amazed at how many things we have in common after reading your About Me page. I look forward to reading more from your blog!

Sarah said...

I see the whole layout, friend. :)

Vertigo - great movie! ;)

:) Hope you had a great Sunday! :)

Lindy said...

I really enjoyed Pursuit of Holiness...and I can see all the green/black designs. :)

I'm with Amy. I want the update on your sisters (&family) too!

This Heavenly Life said...

I loved 19 minutes - but I love Jodi Picoult novels in general :)

Adorable beached whales!