500 days doesn't really sound like a lot.
Well, if you were waiting for something, maybe...
Well I'm hear to tell you that 500 days equals 1 year, 4 months and 12 days...
equals Hayden...
...today.
He's 500 days old today.
Since the twins have been born, I've been pretty delinquent in giving updates of him, which is horrible because he's probably been changing more than they have...I don't know...they're all a-changin', so hear goes...
At 500 days old, Hayden is.....
- about 23lbs and somewhere in the neighborhood of 31" long...you'll have to forgive me on that one...it's been awhile
- walks everywhere...swinging one arm all the way, with said arm still swinging when he stops moving
- loves his brothers...and walks up to them and says 'Hi-eee'
- Talks allll the time
- knows lots of H words 'Hi', 'Hot', 'Heidi', 'Happy', 'Hawkeyes', an occasional 'hello' and our personal favorite......'huh?'
- can say senteinces "Hi Mom", "Hi Dad", & "All Gone"
- points with all 5 fingers
- loooooves books, especifically ones with 'ruffs' (dogs-or any other dog looking animal, for example a cat or funny looking man)
- still naps twice a day
- is all about the the 'power of suggestion'...like "Hayden where are the puppies?" commence Hayden running at full speed to where he can point (w/ 5 fingers) at them
- Has 16 teeth
- loves to rock Owen & Silas in their swings
- climbs up AND down stairs
- sleeps HARD...and I think sometimes with his eyes open
- loves cuddling, giving hugs and giving kisses (mommy's fave!!!)
- loves to identify (and point...5 fingers) a 'ba' (ball), 'ruff' (dog) and 'guck' (clock)
- says cheese when you hold up a camera
- folds his hands to pray when you put him in his high chair
- his favorite foods are oatmeal (he calls it "hot"), pb& j, bananas, yogurt ("go-guck") and cheese
- can sign "please" and "more", but we're still working on "more please"
- answers "huh?!" to everything that he "doesn't understand"....right ;) He's a little man already
Is hands down the most adorable little 500 day old 'baby' ever. It goes so fast, and contrary to popular belief, 500 days is long enough to gestate and birth TWO more babies...things change fast!















9 comments:
what a cute 500 day old little man!
What's not to love about this little guy? But, I could be just a smidge prejudice, Grandma's are allowed to do that! Love ya Hayden, Gra-ma Paige
Your hayden is just about the same age as my Liam. Liam was born April 22. What's Hayden's b-day.... I'm not so good at all the calculating, anyway...he's a doll.
Thanks Susan! I think he's a doll, too obviously :) His b-day is May 4, my due date was Apr 27....
What a cutie! I love the pointing with all five fingers bit. And thinking anything that looks remotely like a dog is a dog (even strange people)... Millie still thinks most fuzzy animals on TV are puppies or kitties.
He's so precious! Happy 500 days Hayden! :)
I was thinking about this the other day and if I were you, I would be pregnant and due with twins in like...a month. Holy. Cow.
Cute little man :)
What a cutie!
Our sons are really close to the same age! It sure does go by fast, doesn't it!
Happy 500 Day Birthday Hayden!
So fun to read this Katie. My boys are just a little behind so its my "warning" of what is to come. They both go UP stairs very well, but the DOWN still needs work {grin}.
Post a Comment