Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Video Wednesday, The One that's tough to talk about

No regrets! Carpe Diem. Hold nothing back!

Things I've been pondering lately. What do they really mean?

What do they mean to me?


What would I do with my life if I knew I was dying?

Would I watch two hours of television every night?

Would I let my babies lay on the floor and entertain themselves?

Would I tell Hayden to have Daddy read the book to him?

Would I tell my husband that I was "too tired" (sorry...overshare)

Would I go 'Game On' with my husband when he didn't offer to clean up the dishes or take out the trash? And then go to bed mad that he didn't say he was sorry?

Would I really care about 'seeing the world' and hanging out with friends....maybe a little...but would it be the thing I would want to spend my dying breaths on?

Would I still be angry with that friend from a long time ago....you know, the one that hurt me soooo badly? I mean, she betrayed me!

The stupid things in life that I waste my time, energy & money on.....would I, if I knew I were going to meet my Heavenly Father very soon?

Well, I am dying......someday.
Not of cancer, necessarily, or heart disease. Maybe not tomorrow, or next week, or next year even.
But I am dying.
However, it could be tomorrow, or Friday, in a car accident, or brain hemorrhage, or a long and tiring battle with cancer.
A college friend of mine has had the opportunity to live this.
Not for herself, but her husband.
Read Amy's blog post about their story...it's great, and made me cry
....then check out Jessica's blog.

I have found myself lately thinking about how Josiah spends his time....knowing that his days on this earth are so very limited.
This is all my own speculation......
....... he probably plays with his two kids until they fall asleep in exhaustion,
....... and he probably laughs with them until their stomachs ache,
.......and he probably stays up late talking and laughing with Jessica,
.......and he probably spends hours a day in God's word getting to know his maker whom he will soon meet.

He probably doesn't have to go to the Iowa/Iowa State football game, he'd rather play 'football' with his kiddos in the back yard.

And he probably isn't itching to go to the big social event of the year, he'd rather dance with his wife in the living room.

And I doubt that he's drowning his 'sorrows' with his buddies at the bar,
he'd rather rejoice and give all the glory to God for his sufferings.

I know there are advantages to knowing when you're dying....but why don't I just redeem the time that I have...I'm dying too.

I don't know how better to wrap this up, so to quote Amy's post:

"Thanks Jessica and Josiah for the example you are setting – God is using you in more ways than you know."




1 comment:

Sonya said...

I follow Amy's blog as well. Both of your posts brought me to tears. They weren't just tears of sorrow, more like *bittersweet*.
Jessica and Josiah are inspirational.