So me and a couple of work friends got together for lunch for the first time in a long time. A birthday lunch for my birthday and one of the other girls' birthdays. Yay for July birthdays!
Lets just say, my birthday is my favorite.day.of.the.year.
Why?! I don't know to be honest...I've had a lot of not fun things happen to me on my birthday over the years....you'd think I'd be scarred for life. But, alas, I've survived.
Every year I look forward to and plan what I will buy with my birthday money. Usually something good, frivolous and something I would not "just buy" on any other given day.
Last year, a Coach Purse. From the outlet mall, no less :) Hey....a girl's gotta be somewhat conservative.
This year, I decided to be wise. You know, with the economy as it is, wastefulness is just ridiculous. So, I came up the best plan ever.
New countertops!!
It was something I'd wanted to do for a long time, but it seemed like an unnecessary expense, until NOW.
Money that was all mine to do whatever I wanted with...and this is what we came up with:
Before/During:
After:
So obviously there is a little bit of finish work to do...AND cleaning, but give me a break...I have 3 babies!
And it was allllll worth it last week when one of the guys roofing our house said "Hey! Careful with the Granite!"
Pssst.....it's not granite, it's laminate, and that is okay with me!
Thanks for a good time at lunch girls! I miss you guys :'(















3 comments:
Ooohh...pretty :) I want some :)
Menards, my friend, Menards.
They look great! Isn't it amazing what we want for our birthdays now a days!?!?!? We aren't getting older, we're just getting smarter! :-)
-Tiff
Post a Comment