Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4 & 5

Two significant days, all jammed up into one weekend.

July 4th


Yes, it is Independence Day. But, blah, blah to that. Hayden turned 14 months! And trust me, with two babies at my house that are younger than him, you can't take away one day of him from me! So, today, he is 14 months and 2 days. Lame, I know, but you would too :)

He is currently getting his "I" teeth and 1 year Molars. Commence nasty diapers. And I do mean NASTY! And not one per day....like 6 per day. Another good reason we didn't wait to have more children, because pregnancy and pregnancy smell issue would not have been compatible with these stinky diapers.
As mentioned before, he is talking up a storm, it is sooo fun! His latest words are "Hi", and "Shoes" and "Jesus". He has many other words, and one specific word but I won't go into detail about that because in his mind it's just babbling, but to the rest of the world, it's a 4 letter word. I'll leave it at that.  We're working on it......
He's walking very well, but he's quite clumsy at times. The above picture was taken 2 hours before his nose & forehead became acquainted with the pavement. Not cool. Poor baby :(


July 5


My original due date! Congratulations to Joel & Becky, who got to make good use of my due date, and welcomed a beautiful little girl yesterday :) I will always remember her birthday!

They say that once preemies reach their due date, a light bulb comes on and everything falls into place. I'm not so sure about that just yet, but Owen & Silas both seem much less breakable than they did last week. They are definitely growing. We'll quickly cover the 3 major jobs of babies.

Eat--Both boys are eating very well. Silas always seems be ready to eat. He's our little 3 hr timer. He wakes up about 15 minutes before it's 'time' to eat, just to give us a heads up--in case we forget. Owen, still a little lazy but is gaining, so we can't complain about that!

Sleep--So Jesse and I have taken a new approach to their overnight. Owen, being the more lazy twin, hadn't been waking up very well in the night and not eating well at said night feedings. But we were only waking him up because Silas was up (3hr timer, remember?). We decided that it was probably best not to program Owen to wake up every 3 hours, only to undo the whole schedule to get him to sleep....so, Jesse and I made a deal, that I would always get up with Silas, consistent, but quick eater, and Jesse would get up with Owen, who gets up less, but eats soooo sllloowly. (Nice run-on sentence, eh?) Well, wouldn't you guess it, that Owen slept from 10:30pm last night to 7:30am this morning. Lucky Dad.

Poop--One of the biggest challenges with twins, what am I saying?! I am quickly learning that everything is a challenge with twins, and there isn't one centralized challenge. Let me start over......
One of the MANY challenges with twins is their mother's vanity. I just figure, if you're gonna be twins, even though you're fraternal, and look not that much alike, you may as well dress alike. But would you know it, one of them already has expressed their blatant dissatisfaction with that.
Silas....poops....on every.single.outfit. Slight exaggeration, but no really.....it goes something like this:
1. Change Owen
2. Dress Owen
3. *Sigh from a contented Owen*
4. Change Silas
5. Dress Silas
6. *Silas: Fart, fart, poop, fart, poop, and following the blast out of his pants onto the outfit we hear a contented sigh*.
7. Pick out new outfit for both and repeat steps 1-5.

Aww twins.....love.it. Happy Due Date, boys, you're officially allowed to be here!

No comments: