Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"Post-Pregnancy Product" Plug

Alright ladies..... gentlemen, you can listen in too, if you please. It's been a little while since I've done a product review, but I've gotten so many comments that I simply must.
So, I'm ashamed to admit that in the 6 months that I wasn't pregnant last year....6 whole months, I did not lose the baby weight that I should have. I was not super excited to see what I would look like after being pregnant with twins.

Loads of extra skin, puffiness, I could go on, but I may become vomitous.....

Until I found this:

The Postpardum Support Belt from Motherhood Maternity.

I kind of assumed everyone knew about this, but from recent comments I've received, I realized that a LOT of people know nothing about this!

I am not your typical skinny chica who can leave the hospital in her pre-maternity jeans. More like, I'm the girl who gives up after a couple of months and just goes up to the next size because I can't not have pants to wear, and I'm tired of wearing maternity clothes.

THE best $24 I've spent on myself in a long time! It's helping my abdominal muscles re-learn what their function actually is. And the most exciting part, with the help of this support, I wore pre-maternity khaki pants to church last Sunday! It was soooo exciting! Makes Katie very happy!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I have never heard of that! I'm intrigued! Just might have to purchase one of those after baby #2!

Anonymous said...

Those things rock! Very much worth the money in just how it makes you feel to look at yourself in the mirror!

-Tiff

Megan Epley said...

How often do you wear it?

And happy birthday two days late! I wanted to send a card but haven't unpacked that box yet and don't know where they are. Then of course, I forgot to call... :) But I was thinking about you!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

It is "elastic"-ish, and velcros into place, so you can adjust it as you get smaller, which is the goal, right?

Thanks for the bday wish. And I want to preface that I am not offended in anyway that you didn't call or send a card, but as my card-sending hero, I was slightly surprised that the perpetual birthday card didnt arrive in the mail. Again--NOT offended :) Hope you're unpacking is going well! Des Moines misses you, and so do I :)

Megan Epley said...

That's the problem about being so diligent in sending cards. If I happen to miss one (which has happened more than you would think), it doesn't go unnoticed. :) Unpacking is taking WAY longer than the previous three moves. Think Jack has anything to do with it?... :)

So, I got a belt thing like you. Do you wear it all day? How long before you start to notice a difference? I looking for a miracle here... :) I'm also a little concerned about sizing because it's not returnable. I may have purchased one a little big because I can already wear it all the way sinched...