Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Two Weeks in the NICU

It really is hard to believe we've been here for two weeks today. More difficult to believe is Owen & Silas are two weeks old already! Un-real. 
I have been trying not to neglect blogging, but lets be serious, time doesn't seem to be available in overabundance. Between feeding babies and pumping and visitors (we could always use more of these!), OH and napping, blogging has not been my top priority.

Both boys had their "man-surgery" last night. Jesse attended the 'festivities.' I did not--not because of the weirdness of the procedure, it's really my weirdness with knives, needles, etc --puncturing the skin-- I wouldn't attend an IV poke either. And upon completion of the procedure, the attending doctor said "Congratulations!!". Obviously, in the country that this dr. is from, the 'man-surgery' must hold far more significance than it does here. Funny.

The nurses had a little twin mixup last night. Fortunately, the mixup did not involve medicine or any other super significant order. Otherwise there would be some serious legal issues going down. Anyway, Owen had his feedings changed to 'Bottle 5-6' of the day, while Silas was still on the orders of "Bottle every other feeding (4x/day)".  Silas was actually allowed to bottle 6 times yesterday, and took 68% of it. That doesn't sound that great (you know, the academic world would call that a D+), but the doctors & residents were relatively pleased with that. So, they are both now allowed to bottle as many times as they want!!! 

Yesterday, Silas was given his carseat test, and passed with flying colors. They also re-sized Owen in our carseat, as he didn't fit the first time they did the carseat test.

I hate to jinx it, but it seems like we may be out of here soon!!!    

2 comments:

Debbi said...

I have been praying for you!
I agree... it sounds like you might be close. Aren't the carseat tests kind of the "last" thing? Hoping you can be home as a family VERY SOON!!!
Enjoy at least one more good nap before you take them home!
Debbi

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you, Owen & Silas today!

I definitely think you are very close to coming home!

-tiff