With all of this recent media storm about the afamed Jon & Kate and their brood, (Okay, who am I kidding, the hubub has nothing to do with the kids), I decided to do something I've never done before.
I watched an episode of Jon & Kate + 8 last night. In fact, I watched 2 episodes. I also watched the 1/2 hour special on E! 'Jon & Kate--Twisted Fate' (clever). I was very suprised when I saw pictures of Kate from the early years of the show. She was quite moussy. Now she's all sexy diva mom lady.
Ever since we started telling people we were having twins (Nov, '09) we've had a LOT of people say "Aren't you glad it's not 8 babies (Octomom)", and "You could be like that Jon & Kate family and have 6 more!"
Okay, lets play a little game...I like to call it 'Good Idea.....Bad Idea'. I vote that both of the aforementioned statements are 'Bad Ideas'. Easy game. Game over.
Lets put aside the fact that this entire debacle is horrible for their children and focus on their marriage for just a second. I don't think there are 10 people who would argue that she's a 'nice' wife, someone that makes her husband feel like a hero. Their biggest problem is this, and this is my main frustration: everything in their lives is for money and their kids. There is no "1) God 2) Marriage 3)Kids" hierarchy that they have set up and now their marriage is crumbling.
I started writing this thinking 'People, PLEASE! Stop comparing me to her--even just # of babies!" And now as I sift through my thoughts, I am beginning to realize that their struggles are no different than mine or...maybe yours, they are just on a grander scale and in front of the entire world. They just have their priorities in the wrong place, and are sacrificing their marriage on 'the altar' of children and money.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment