Last Friday, at my appointment with super laid back dr., we discussed lots of things. Situational things, what-if's.....basic things that I like to prepare myself for mentally. You know....just in case.
Because the babies will be born, Lord-willing, at a small hospital, my doctor has already been game planning with OR & OB nurses to make sure we have a full crew on hand in case of .....anything, really. Looking forward to the bill for staffing a full crew :P
Anyway, I am really having a hard time getting to the point this morning. To make a long story short, he plans to have me induced at 38 weeks unless I go on my own sooner. Here's to praying for sooner. So, not necessarily June 21st, but the 22nd or 23rd are kind of the target dates. Big changes within these 31 days.
On to my purpose-- Katie's Top 10 things that she's looking forward to in the next 31 days (Sorry, that was a long intro!)
- Meeting our newest little miracles that are Twin A & Twin B.
- Seeing what Twin A & Twin B look like--hopefully clarification on the identical/fraternal mystery!
- Experiencing child birth again. I am oddly excited about this. I think I need a reminder of why I don't want to do this again in another year ;)
- Walking again, like a normal human being. I seem to have forgotten what that's like!
- Exercise. **I know this won't commence within the next 31 days, but I can honestly say, I am looking forward to being winded for some reason other than walking up half of a flight of stairs.
- Sleeping on my STOMACH!! Cannot.wait.
- My belly button going back to how it should be...the whole "popped" belly button thing is oddly uncomfortable.
- Wearing pants with no panel!! Refer to #5 and make appropriate cross-reference.
- Having my tummy NOT feel like I need to scratch it off.
- Bringing our family of 5 home and starting to create some semblance of normalcy. Somehow, someway.















1 comment:
Oh Katie - I am reliving so many memories right now through you.
#1-It will be AMAZING! Those first few hours are so special.
#2-I'm betting ID :o). I'm sure they will be beautiful & perfect either way.
#3-Ummmm not sure I'm there yet!
#4-I still remember my first trip to WalMart after the boys were done. Everything was so easy & I could go so fast. It was wonderful!!!
#5-You are a better woman than me. I didn't start working out until the boys were 6 months.
#6-Well...nice thought. Breastfeeding kind of ruined the stomach sleeping for me. Not as "comfortable" as I hoped.
#7-100% agree
#8-I was so happy the day I packed them up in my Rubbermaid. I won't discourage you with how many weeks post-pardum that was :o).
#9-YES it is so wonderful!!!
#10-It will come. I know it took us several weeks to figure it out (and that was without the toddler). I just kept reminding myself that God never gives you more than you can handle, and that this time will pass. ENJOY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!
Happy Pregnancy - Only a few more weeks/days now!
Post a Comment