No babies yet. Seriously, what's a girl gotta do to get babies out of her?! Just kidding...all in due time, all in due time :)
Here are a few bullet points on how things are going of late:
- My skin itches....like whoa. I probably could lotion all day and still itch "like whoa."
- Tired. But oddly, getting up in the morning has been increasingly easier. Go figure.
- I cannot bend over. Period.
- Holding or lifting Hayden is quite an adventure, which makes me sad, because I know his days of immobility are coming swiftly to a close.
- My belly *hate that word* rests on my legs when I sit. I find it quite repulsive, to be honest. But, basically, I'm carrying these two babies ridiculously low. It's a wonder that they don't just fall out, but unfortunately, that's not how it works, right?!
- My hands and feet swell at the stroke of 5pm every evening. I wish something would help that, but alas I'm just puffy.
- 34 weeks and 4 days along. As of 35 weeks, my dr. says he would no long prevent babies from being born. This makes Katie very happy.
My friend Lindy asked me a few weeks ago if I had been craving anything specific while I was pregnant. For whatever reason, I've been thinking about this a lot...so here are a few things:
- Ice. I chew it almost constantly!
- Black Raspberry Ice cream from the Frosty Udder. MMMMMhmmm:) Come visit me in the hospital and I'll treat ya :)
- Maid-Rites from Maid Rite. Simple and fantastic. Maid Rite also has some pretty awesome crinkle french fries. And they're one of 3 places in town where I can get my Pepsi.
- Scotcheroos. Random craving I had yesterday. Did not follow through.
- Cheeseburgers. Mostly just the royal cheeseburger from Taso's (local rest.)--They toast their buns!
- Chicken Fajita Salad f/ Taso's. Mostly just the big fried shell it comes in. Thank you for that, Cassie ;)
- Blackened Chicken Pasta fr/ Granite City.....sooooo good!
- Quiznos & Papa Johns. One night within the same commercial break, I craved both of these things. Lucky for my husband we don't have either of these resturuants.
- Double Chocolate Chip Grandma's Cookies. I think 4 gas stations in all of Iowa sell them. So, my rule is, every time I see them, I buy them. Convenient little rule, right ;) They pair very nicely with a nice tall glass of Fountain Pepsi with extra ice.
I see a horrible trend here. I like to eat out waaaaay too much. And while I'm sure there are more things that I've been craving off and on, I thought I'd at least for my own recourse, document the fun I was able to indulge in DURING pregnancy so that I don't feel so bad when the 'salad only' diet commences come July :)















6 comments:
This list is far more complete than the first one you gave me. :) It all sounds good to me! I was just thinking...we'll have to make sure to get a Kampman twins/Johnston twins picture sometime.
You just made me very, very hungry.
I'm having fun keeping up with your pregnancy on your blog! Hope these last few weeks go swimmingly! (if that's possible). I know I'm only 27 weeks (I think) with one baby and I already feel like I'm falling apart. Definitely a sign that this is the last one...
i have soooooo been craving those same grandmas cookies!!! Does any gas station in town sell them??? Because i can't find them anywhere!!!!
You're welcome!! :)
Jen-I've considered doing an entire blogpost on the double chocolate Grandma's cookies. They are hands down the best. Fareway has them by the check out, and Caseys in New Sharon has them.
For a short period of time Kum & Go by KFC had them, I think I bought them all, and they haven't had any since...and you think I'm kidding, I asked the manager if they could get more, and she said yes, and I haven't seen them since. Duh!
Lindy-Totally agree, we need a Kampman/Johnston twin pic! I think it's great that they'll be born in the year we all turn 25 so it's a nice round number that separates you guys. And you all can teach them which twin is cooler the older one or younger....your call ;)
I'm drooling on my keyboard here after reading about all that food :)
By the way...I voted 7-8 weeks...don't hate me ;) I hope for your sake that I'm wrong :)
Post a Comment