What a great day! I could about break into song! Here comes the bullet-point blog:
- This morning we found out that Amanda's condition had stablized overnight, and the doctors are optomistic of progress she has made. Jesse and I went to college with Amanda & her husband, who live in Creston, Iowa with their two young children, Jesse grew up knowing them (family connection), and her husband farms with Jesse's uncle Dallas. She was in a horrible accident yesterday morning, head-on collision with a semi; fractured skull, broken femur, bleeding spleen & lacerated liver. She was lifeflighted to Omaha, but praise the Lord, she is stable. Pray that her body would fight off infection, and that the bleeding would not re-start.
- I scored the deal of the week. I guess, if you need one, that is. My mom and I had been talking this morning a little about our search for a triple jogging stroller. They are terribly expensive, and people tend to want to re-sell used ones for $400+. I have been avoiding the issue. She gave me a new website to check out, which I was doing after lunch, but couldn't remember the site name. So, I pulled up E-bay, where we've looked before. Low and behold, there was a private seller, whose bid was at $192.50 with 7 min. left to go in the auction. I won the bid for $202.50!!! It's exactly what we've been looking at/for--and much below the price point I had anticipated! So, so excited! And the best part is, we won't have to have it shipped--its located in Missouri, north of KC!
- Today, I received in the mail the twins' "going home from the hospital outfits. Kinda put into prospective the fact that we're going to bring 2 babies home from the hospital!

- In other happy news, the Frosty Udder has opened for the season. Sounds disgusting, I realize.....but I can't wait to sink my "teeth" into some black raspberry soft serve!!!!!
Wow.....what. is. next?!















2 comments:
Congrats on the great deal! My quad stroller was very used & well over $400! Crazy expensive for strollers!
The going home outfits are super cute! Can't wait to see your little guys in them!
Sending lots of prayers for Amanda & her family! How horrible!
-Tiff
Yikes! The Frosty Udder? :) I was scared you were talking about some weird pregnancy symptom :) Glad to hear it's just an ice cream place!!
Post a Comment