I, too, am often guilty of offering my opinion regardless of if it is asked for or not. Sometimes you just want people to know better than you did so they don't waste their time or money or senseless things! So, in the interest of those of you who could care less what kind of advice I have to offer......you may feel free to exit here. I am not in the least offended.
- Spend the extra money for a GOOD travel system. Baby Trend is not a good travel system.
- Please, please, please........read "On Becoming Babywise" by Dr. Gary Ezzo. It has excellent principles for helping your baby learn how to sleep through the night! (Hayden slept through the night at 6 WEEKS! AND he takes awesome naps, right Tiff?) It is absolutely true--a well rested baby is a good tempered baby. Any baby can learn to sleep through the night!!
- Be informed about your options as a parent regarding vaccinations. There are 100 million different websites about the link between autism & vaccinations and SIDS & vaccinations. Research both of these links. And please don't just take the CDC's word for it! My favorite website regarding the issue . It seems the options are only "vaccinate as your doctor says" or "don't vaccinate at all"-- It is not the case! If you would like to know what we decided to do, feel free to e-mail me, and I would be more than happy to tell you what we decided. Regardless of what you decide, remember you are the parent and you answer to God for the well-being of your child, not your doctor!
- Have professional pictures taken of your child, frequently. You never get them back to the age where you wish you had the pictures. If you're looking for a great/inexpensive photographer in the DM area, let me know--I actually know of several, but have had an excellent experience with one in particular!
- Natural, natural, natural. Be careful about how much processed *crap* you feed your child. I am more and more convinced that we are poisoning our nation with our quick fix, on the go, nuke & serve foods. Note the correlation with me: The doctors and nurses will tell you "Don't microwave breastmilk, it zaps the milk of all nutrients."......So, if it zaps the nutrients to breastmilk....(cross referencing....) what does it do to fruits, vegetables, anything else with nutrients?! You be the judge.
(Exit Soapbox, stage right)
Just a couple of things that I have learned that you can take for what they are, researched opinion, or one crazy pregnant chica's opinion. Again.......sorry....writer's block :)
Happy Weekend!















2 comments:
That sweetheart was a great napper! And eater, and player. Geez! We miss him! :-(
-Tiff
Hi Katie! I'm now catching up on your blog after seeing your link on Facebook.. We don't vaccinate our kids.. :) Or even use a microwave! We watch what we eat as well, buy organic stuff when possible.. Thumbs up to you for posting this post! I'm too afraid to post blogs about this type of stuff but someday I'll hop on my soapbox.. BUT I do have some personal beliefs on the right sidebar of my blog.. :)I cant wait to hear the news of the babies being born!! I think about you often wondering how you are doing with 2 babes in the womb..
Post a Comment