Monday, April 13, 2009

28 weeks

Easter Sunday marked "28 weeks" of pregnancy. It seems as though it is all going so slowly, but at the same time....I'm sooo not ready to have 3 babies! To be honest, I'm actually quite nervous about that!
To refresh your memory, at 24 week appointment the stats were as follows:
  • Two boy babies....maaaybe identical, who even knows
  • Breech, breech
  • One weighed in at 2 lbs. 9oz, other 2lbs. 7 oz.
  • No major issues
  • "Belly" (hate that word) measured 33cm
Fast forward..........28 week appointment and ultrasound today, here are the stats:
  • Two boy babies.....no determining factors on identical/fraternal
  • VERTEX/VERTEX!!! (Head down/head down!!!)
  • Twin A measured in at 3lbs 9 oz (holy buckets!) & Twin B, 3lbs (not too worried about size difference)
  • Glucose screening--Failed...bah. 3 hr Glucose test, aka human pincushion test tomorrow
  • Slightly iron deficient--which I had anticipated, I misplaced a bottle of vitamins
  • I measured in at 37 cm.....You may now refer to me as Katie, the Hippo. ;)
So overall, great appointment! We have a lot to be thankful for! I was starting to doubt whether or not the babies would turn back around, so I treated myself to a pregnancy massage (I thought maybe laying face down would help open things up so they could move--Guess I was right!!) However, I am bummed because I'm now officially afraid to have another massage :( Not excited about the outcome of the glucose thing, but I'm not worried that the next one will come back saying I have gestational diabetes....I've heard it's pretty common to fail the 1st one, but pass the 2nd, and my numbers weren't ridiculous. Fasting, on the other hand....will not be a good time.
Oh yeah, my stomach feels like what I would envision the inside of a bag of microwave popcorn feeling like--only more force behind the pops :)

No comments: