Monday, April 27, 2009

April 27

Every 365 days this day rolls around. A date that was for a short time significant, however, no longer really has any importance at all.

April 27, 2008 was my due date with baby Hayden. Yes, last year.

Go ahead, laugh it up.

The entire month prior to April 27, 2008, Jesse and I were reallly reallly busy. People kept telling me 'Oh, you'll never make it to the 27th--you're carrying way to low for that!'. Well, I sure showed them!

Things I remember about April 27, 2008.
  • We went to church--never go to church (or anywhere for that matter) ON your due date. People mean well, but no one wants to hear "You're not supposed to be here!" On the day you're "supposed" to have a baby.
  • A sister of a friend, was due to have her baby May 2nd or 3rd, was induced....on MY DUE DATE. I almost cried in Sunday School when that was announced.
  • I knew we had to show up any place we were expected to be that day, and whatever subsequent days....because if you're not where you're supposed to be...you're probably at the hospital.
  • Okay, I really don't remember that much....but I remember I cried a lot.

Fast forward......2009. We will celebrate Hayden's 1st birthday not today, or tomorrow....NEXT Monday, May 4. And I am 30 weeks & 1 day pregnant with not one baby boy, but two baby boys. Who in the world would've thought this up?!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ok so I'm obviously just now catching up here...but I just have to say that I'm hoping for your sake you have the next two before your due date. Because going late with twins would just be cruel and unusual punishment :)