Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Something I'm Not

I've never claimed to be an organized person. Anyone who has ever lived with me for any period of time knows this--even a week of camp. You know, Katie just doesn't do organization. I didn't even really 'nest'.

It's not necessarily that I don't want to be, I've dreamed of becoming an organized person and have the organizational totes and tubs to accomplish said dream. To no avail.

Turns out, my husband is much more an organizational freak than I. "Everything has a place...and it should be in it's place" is his mantra for cleaning. How he got stuck with me, I'll never know, but I'm glad he did. He was amply warned by a high school friend of mine that I am indeed a slob (nice, huh?). But cooler heads did not prevail and 2 years after he was given his "warning", we got married :) Turns out, a messy person and a clean person can co-exist, however, it is often that the messy person's mess outweighs the clean person's clean.

So why did God pick me to have twins? I couldn't clean my way out of a paperbag. But the next few months is what I like to refer to as organizational bootcamp. I'm soo not looking forward to it, and have really been avoiding it at all cost. Until this week. There is soooo much to do.

My most wonderful mother-in-law and sister-in-law are coming to "spring clean" my house on Thursday! I am so thankful and so excited. Seriously, the dust bunnies aren't going to know what hit 'em. But, I refuse to have someone clean my clutter, I just don't think that is fair. So I'm spending the week cleaning so that someone can come and clean.
Makes sense.........right?!

No comments: