So in a quick recap, I'll tell you what I know about the babies now, and give you a quick update on my current condition.
- Both Babies are in a breech position--little stinkers (proving once again, that my 'motherly instinct' is horrible--I would've guessed they were both head down)
- Both babies are growing exactly on schedule. Baby "A" was actually on schedule to.the.day. Measuring in at 24 wks, 1 day. Crazy. I think we may have a perfectionist on our hands :P
- We're back to an unsure state of identical & fraternal. Bah. Not loving that.
- I saw only one "gender" confirming part, and that was on Baby "B". Most definitely a boy. If I knew they were Identical, it would solve a lot of problems ;)
- We saw 2-Four chambered hearts, 2 sets of kidneys, 3 bones in the Fifth didget (or pinky finger) of both babies--(this helps to rule out any Downs Syndrome questions, because frequently Downs children do not have a 3rd bone in their pinky finger--crazy?! I know!)
- Two strong heartrates, 151 bpm & 154 bpm. Fantastic!
So overall, we're sticking with what we found out last time, two boys, identical. Things look great, which makes for a rather boring ultrasound, but is also such a blessing--I'd rather cry for happy reasons :)
Mommy's update:
- I feel like I could vomit fire. I use the word vomit loosely--I really don't feel sick at all, the word fire I use in all seriousness. Horrible, horrible heartburn.
- For being 24 weeks along, I am ridiculously uncomfortable. Along with the heartburn, I have two babies up in my ribs most of the time. I find this odd because I appear to be carrying "low", which was also the case with Hayden, and he was never in my ribs--such a good lil guy!
- I have figured out that my prenatal vitamins actually have a purpose (aha!). When I take them, I am a lot less tired, and have much less of the out of breath, winded, fainting feeling. Who'd have thought!? Another reason why multiples are so much different that one--Don't tell my dr, but I barely ever took them with Hayden, and felt fine the whole time!
- If I don't sleep with a pillow between my legs, it's hard to walk the next day. I'm contemplating getting a cane.
- Sciatic nerve? Yeah, they've found it. It's not so fun.
- My belly button has popped, and its disgusting. Also something that never happened last time--my belly button never ever popped. With twins, popped at 23 weeks.
- Stretch marks, I thought I was going to get away with not getting any new ones. Alas, I don't have that good of luck. Seems the ones I have are headed north and charting new territories. Awesome. Can't get enough of that skin ripping feeling.
- I am far less confident in the "37 week goal" than I was to start out--I just cannot fathom how much bigger and how much more uncomfortable I could possibly get.
So clearly, all of my complaints are pretty minimal, and mostly cosmetic complaints. And I know all of you expectant mommies probably don't want me to wish this on you, but I think carrying multiples should be some kind of requirement--lest you think pregnancy is easy. I did think it was easy, and as we've seen as a pattern....God laughed at me and said 'Here, give this a try!'















5 comments:
This is funny - with Lily (who was only 1 baby) I had horrible heartburn -- all the time. She was always in my ribs, I had to sleep with the pillow, and she was definitely on my sciatic nerve -- so perchance your discomfort is due not to there being 2 babies but maybe one is a girl? ;) I'm just sayin'...:)
Hurray for healthy babies & for hitting the 24 week mark!
I remember 24-25 weeks was when it started to get uncomfortable. Hang in there, the reward at the end is unmeasurable!!!
Stick with it! I'm praying for you. As you get bigger and bigger, you can praise God for healthy babies. But I know it's not easy! Thinking of you often!
Carrying multiples is a whole different experience! But, in the end it's double the love too! Hang in there! OH, and you may find sleeping in the recliner is actually more comfortable than the bed when you get farther along! Puts less pressure on your ribs & lungs! You are doing great!
-Tiff
I love your blog! It's been forever! WOW! And you're having twins! Fabulous. You're a great writer, and funny. I'll keep checking back, gal it all is going so well for ya. -manda
Post a Comment