I'm famous for it.
For some reason, in my mind, things happen so much more quickly and smoothly than reality has ever lead me to believe they can happen.
We did have a very successful weekend of project, but alas, we are not done with our cabinets as I thought we would be.
Apparently, one of the differences between Latex and Oil based paint is Pregnant women are NOT allowed to go near them. So, depsite my eagerness to help complete the project, I am forbidden from helping. Usually I'd be like, 'Aww, bummer', and then go take a nap and get over it. This time, I am sooo bummed because I know how to paint! This is not outside of my abilities!
On Saturday afternoon, we were able to have our new back door installed, which is GREAT, and lovely, but slowed down the cabinet process. I have to give Jesse a TON of credit, he has been sanding, and priming, and painting his hind-end off to get this project done! It will look fantastic when it's all said and done, but it may be one of those bitter-sweet pretty things for him to look at, knowing all the work put in, won't have quite the glimmer for him. He has seriously done sooo much work, spent almost every waking moment working on the cabinets for me.....and somehow found time this weekend to prepare, study, and preach on Sunday morning! (He wears his cape under his clothes most days ;)
So....
Current Status: All cabinet doors primed, two coats, all cabinet door backs painted black once. Cabinet Hardware ordered. New French door, installed.
Current Gameplan: Today, paint two coats on the fronts of all the doors; tomorrow, prime cabinet fronts....two coats? Thursday, paint cabinet fronts black. Friday, Rehang doors?????
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment