Thursday, March 19, 2009

Little known fact

It's not a pet peeve, or a phobia....more like loathing.
"Unadulterated loathing...." (break into song with me, will you?)
Those that are close to me KNOW about this problem I have. Well, quite honestly, it's not my problem, it's everyone elses'. ;)

I hate mouths. Probably most things associated with mouths. I think they're gross, and other than talking and eating (and kissing), they really serve little purpose. They disgust me.

First of all, teeth brushing. I know this may sounds weird, possibly even a little gross, but if I didn't HAVE to brush my teeth, if there were some other way to accomplish the same thing, I totally wouldn't brush. And being in the room or within earshot of someone else brushing their teeth, makes me gag.

Spitting. "Hockin' a loogy". I could vomit just thinking about it. My husband thinks it's funny. We'll see how funny he thinks it is when I puke on his face.

Next, anything associated with sloppy eating. Chewing loudly, slurping, etc. Blech! One of the first things I plan to teach my children is eating etiquette.

Finally, and this is a big one: Gum. I HATE gum. O.M.W. Cannot stand it. If someone is chewing it within the room I am, I have to hold my breath. If I'm in a car...I'll probably even ask that they spit it out--but I will not, however, watch them spit it out. The smell, the sound, and then the "extra sounds" people make when they chew gum. Make me want to go out of my mind.

Sorry folks....this is what happens when Katie has "Blogger's Block". Believe me when I say, you'd much rather have heard about this than my current political ramblings! I'm resisiting the urge to rip congress and the entire political community a "new one" in my blog...but with the path their on.....I don't know how much longer I can hold out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just telling Lindy last night that my top three most disgusting body parts are (in order) feet, belly buttons, and ears. :)

Anonymous said...

I just read that again and it could possibly be interpreted weird so I'm going to rewrite it. :)

The top three most disgusting body parts (to me) are feet, belly buttons, and ears.

:)

Amy V said...

Ok, we really should hang out....I also HATE gum! I think because so many times people are nasty and leave it places like under a table or on the ground! Yuck! Their SPIT is in that gum. I will not even take the gum from my boys when they are done with it. I make them throw it away themselves. Charlie thinks I am SO weird. I will have to let him know that I am not the only one that feels this way!