Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's almost D-Day....I mean V-Day

Valentine's Day to me is overrated. I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that. But every year, once a year, the card companies make up yet another excuse as to why men should spend a gagnormous amount of money on the woman they love. Ehh....save your money on the flowers, honey....take me out to eat, I like food more :)

One of my 'entreprenurieal' ideas is event planning. I have to say--LOVE IT! Weddings, showers (wedding, personal or a recent fave-- baby), parties, dinner parties, social events, shindigs, even a prom....LOVE It!! Invitations, decorations, FOOD, punch, games, food, colors, themes....all of it. great. Great. GREAT! I will likely not become one, though because event planning and 'baby factory-ing' don't mix real well ;)
Tomorrow night is our church's "2nd Annual" Valentine Banquet. The teens host and serve at the dinner, and yours truly is the party planner. I must say, last year's banquet was a huge success--everyone LOVED it! This year....they're predicting 4-6in of snow. Bummer. So pray for the weather.....and pray for my sanity. I sometimes get a litttttle intense when it's go-time and things get a stressful. Pray for the couples attending, this year we will be showing the movie "Fireproof", (a fantastic movie about marriage and how to fight for your spouse), pray that marraiges will be strengthened and hearts will be challenged. I just cannot say enough good things about this film.
The most exciting (and most nerve-wracking) part is the grand finale--dessert. We're having a chocolate fountain! I am so excited and soooo nervous that the chocolate won't flow gracefully out of the fountain but instead, glob and be disgusting.

Pictures to come.

No comments: