To be honest, it was probably the worst job in terms of fostering within me a "thou shalt not covet" mentality. I obviously have my preferences on which dinnerware or china I liked the most, but at one point I had 13 different possibilities of dishes that I would register when 'Mr. Wonderful' decided we needed to pick things out. And I can honestly say, I would not have been disappointed with any of the choices if my husband-to-be had different ideas.
So, when Jesse and I were engaged and deciding on the direction we would go, we decided upon FiestaWare dishes (my absolute fave!). We originally decided upon 7 colors, and registered for 2 of each color, but a year after we got married they came out with a fantastic purple color that I just "had to have". This is one of the many reasons why Fiestaware was my pick--they come out with a new color almost EVERY YEAR! Plus, it's really just a classic design, and it will be awhile before it ever becomes obsolete.
In 2007, Fiestaware came out with an Evergreen color....and I'm not gonna lie, it made me raise my eyebrows just a little. 2008, they came out with an ivory, and I thought....well, strange, but nice for people who would like a nice neutral dishware and not have to delve into the beauty that has become the colors of Fiestaware. March 2009, Homer Laughlin China announces the release of 'Chocolate'....more accurately described as Poop Fiestaware. What. in. the. world.
Don't get me wrong, I am a lover of color....all color. And I do like brown--a lot actually--it's the color of our bedroom. But to EAT OFF OF?!?
95% of the reason I fell in love in the Fiestaware in the first place was because of how beautiful food looks on the vibrant colors. Don't these beautiful colors just make you want to eat?!

















6 comments:
Oh Katie! This is too funny...because I was just telling Dave that I really liked the idea of getting the chocolate fiesta ware with the ivory and light blue and doing like a blue/brown theme...If you came over...I could put your food on a blue plate :) I agree with you though, food looks better on the other colors -- I really honestly think food looks good on white. It just showcases the colors in the food. So...we'll see :)
Yikes...I agree...I don't think the brown looks so appetizing and brown is a fave color of mine. :) I chose all white dishes (with a little texture) because of the whole color contrast of food and whatnot...it's an appetite thing.
Oooo, Amy's idea is neat. My bedroom at our rented house is brown and light blue and I really like that.
On another note - Katie you're a nut. SIX faux registries?! Didn't they make you work? :)
Megan
Hey now, hey now....that is a little harsh. I know it had to be at least 6. What can I say, I'm kind of a dreamer? And my taste changed--I really should've altered the ones I had already made but I wanted to compare them side by side.
I do really like your idea, Amy--and I must say as a caveat to my rant, the brown just doesn't work with what I've tried to accomplish. It is a complete antithesis of what I've tried to do--but the brown and blue would be very pretty :) I would try to help Dave see your point, but I think he's shot down my ideas before ;)
um - I didn't know that you worked at Younkers during college. Just so happens, I worked at Marshall Fields during college as a "bridal registry specialist." fancy, huh? and doubled as a bed, china, etc. department associate as well. And, I too - made many faux registries. And, I too - love FiestaWare!
I do not have FiestaWare but I do love it! LOVE all the bright colors!
Are you sick of all my comments yet?=:)
Post a Comment