Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Life is More A Series of a One-Liners than Blog-Length Stories

Phhhhew.....It seems sometimes like as soon as I start to get a handle on life things get ca-razy busy, anyone else??

There are some weeks I try to pinpoint what exactly is making us so busy, and how it seems I have zero time for anything else, specifically, blogging.

So here it is, the good, the less good, and the ugly ;)

....we've been potty training. And declared success.

....our refrigerator broke down.

....we've had house showing after house showing...{no offers yet :(}

....a motor went out in our refrigerator.

....a belt broke in our dryer.

....we went to a winter retreat with the teens at our church.

....we helped host a Valentine Dinner with our teens.

....had Hayden checked for some strange lymph node growth. We are thankful that at this point, we have no reason to suspect they are not normal.

....and made our first trip to the ER with any of our kids {the same night as the Valentine Dinner}.

....attended a couple of concerts...Gold City & Chris Tomlin--com-pa-letely different flavors, both enjoyable.

....almost died in a balcony collapse {we attended a Chris Tomlin Concert, there was no collapse, but...it may have been in question for a minute or two}.

....not only did a motor break in our refrigerator....it's still broken...4.weeks.later. And to be completely honest, I haven't found the end of that rainbow yet.

....called 911 to come get my child out of the bathroom he so sweetly locked himself into. Yes, 911.

.....working through the process of some changing roles in our church.

....we've survived a major snow storm, and just last week, 60 degree weather. ;)

....and just yesterday, I chipped a tooth from chewing on my fingernail. Currently, I look like I'm from down by the river. I. am. awesome.

We've just been busy....for the last month or so, and probably until eternity, we will remain busy.   There are days when I feel like I would be far better off just being on Twitter and updating my Facebook status, as it seems my life is more full of one-liners than stories at times, but isn't that the life of any mom? Particularly, moms of multiples and moms of multiple toddlers?

Wowza.

And since this blog post was less than earth shattering or slightly riveting, I'll leave you with my current favorite song, courtesy of an evening with my hubby & Chris Tomlin.

Enjoy!


4 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

That is some stuff! One of those phases of life, that God helps you sort through...and then when you look back, you'll be amazed that you survived it all :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I've often thought of getting a t-shirt (or tattoo?) that says, "I'm a survivor". No, not a victorious conqueror here, just a survivor!
Hopefully the breaking/injured streak will be over just in time for spring!
Chris Tomlin + new songs = joy! We just spent a weekend at a worship leaders conference--like concert x 100! It was SOOOO good! I will say--as good as Chris Tomlin's new album is, Matt Redman's new release coming in June will blow it out of the water! Seriously amazing! (Plus we're on the live recording! Woot!) Wow, here's a blog comment long enough for a post! Deprived of adult conversation much? (me, yes!)

Unknown said...

You need to explain the eye injury...

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I'm with Megan...that eye injury needs an explanation!

And what...no pictures of your tooth? ;)