I love my kids, no matter what.........I love my kids, no matter what...........
Even when one of them {who will remain nameless at this time} thinks that my glasses are a wishbone. {AND No, the glasses arm on the left is not attached any longer.}
Moving on.
If I don't talk about something a little happier, mmmm......I'm gonna 'splode.
Christmas Baking.........one of my favorite thing about the entire season. So from now until Christmas Day, I'm going to show you one of the yummies that are on my baking list this year.
Today, Cake Truffles. Specifically, Red Velvet Cake Truffles.
But I eat with my eyes, so somewhere along the lines, I HAVE to make food as pretty as possible. {and for a rookie like me, "as possible" doesn't mean awesome}
If you tilt your head to the left, I think this guy looks a little 'Grim Reaper-esque'. Or maybe a lil Darth Vader.
But some.....turned out great, and didn't have to be redipped for touch-up. I'm Improving!!
And....this is why you finish your baking with almond bark late at night, and THEN get up early to put it all away. There may or may not be an entire Cake Truffle in his mouth.
And after a little extra decoration.....They didn't turn out half bad!
RED VELVET CAKE TRUFFLES
1 box of Red Velvet Cake, prepared as per box instructions
1-2 cans Cream Cheese Frosting
2 Blocks Almond Bark
1/2 c. Milk Chocolate Chips {optional}
Prepare cake per instructions on box. Cool and crumble into bowl. Combine with cream cheese frosting {do not be stingy!!}. Chill or freeze for minimum of 1 hour. Using small scoop {I use the smallest Pampered Chef Scoop}, shape cake into scoops and mold with hands into ball shapes. Dip cake into melted almond bark, use tooth picks to remove, and let set.
Melt chocolate chips, and drizzle over top for decoration as desired.
ENJOY!!















11 comments:
They look great!!! And yes, that one does look like Darth Vadar. Now I have the theme song in my head. Lol.
He is seriously enjoying that truffle. Too funny!
~C
Oh my, yum. I do this with oreos. One entire package of oreos and an entire 8 oz. package of cream cheese. Combined, balled up, and dipped. My fav. :)
Those look yummy! Hey check out this link http://freebies4mom.com/2010/12/15/free-glasses-7-95-shipping-friday-at-8am-ct/
I just saw it on facebook and thought of you! hee hee!
Hmmm...which little boy was the Eyeglass Offender I wonder? Hopefully not the same one who ate a cake ball this morning? Otherwise I'd say it's not shaping up to be very good day for Silas :)
I do the same Oreo Balls that Wendi does. And I'm not any better at dipping them than you are :)
Sorry about the glasses! That's happened here too and there's nothing I hate spending money on more than glasses/contacts. Annoying.
Your cake balls look wonderful! I've only have them with oreos, but red velvet sounds so good...
Yummy!
Mmmm.... I love red velvet cakeballs, but get frustrated when making them. It's so easy, but the dipping gets to me after awhile. Yours turned out adorably!
Those look delicious...I think I could eat them all in one sitting! Seriously. :)
Annie and I made some of these a few weeks ago. They are soooo yummy, but very time consuming. Not sure if I want to make them again while I'm still a working girl. :)
I've heard those are amazing!
How old are those glasses? If they are still current, we can fix them by just ordering a new temple piece. Just an FYI. :)
Post a Comment