Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Hawks and a Happy Birthday

So, I know that there are probably only 5 people who read my blog still......

...and of those 5, probably about 3 of you care one iota about Iowa football, but nontheless, I still do, and so for my hubby's birthday 2 weeks ago, I got him tickets to this last weekend's Iowa Hawkeye Football game versus Penn State.

It honestly never occured to me that getting him this gift was also a gift to myself. {grin} He wouldn't have HAD to take me with him, but he's a wise man and did indeed make a good decision.

This was easily the most amazing Iowa game I've ever been to, and I've been to a couple dozen. The atmosphere was amazing, and the fans rocked it.


Easily one of the most amazing displays of fan pride I have ever seen in my life.  Well done, Hawk fans! Super fun to be apart of.

And while not an avid AC/DC fan, I still always get chills when the team enters the stadium, and Saturday night was no exception.


One of our first dates was at an Iowa game {I'd show you a picture of the "young" us, but unfortunately, that was before either of us owned a digital camera}, and it's always fun to go to a game with him.

On the way to our first game I warned him, "I get a little crazy about Iowa football, you've probably never seen me like that".....and he survived and married me anyway :)

Happy Belated Birthday, babe! Thanks for sharing your birthday present with me!

5 comments:

Annika said...

wasn't the stadium amazing looking!! So jealous you got to go :) I had to settle for my living room couch.

The Sneaky Mommy said...

The stadium really did look amazing! I was there...sort of...we were across the street at the hospital visiting our brother-in-law. I've never been in Iowa City on a game day--it was quite the place of excitement and definitely brought out a prouder Iowan in all of our family! Glad you got to go to the game!!!

une autre mère said...

What a fun night! That stadium seriously rocked. That would be sooo fun to be a part of! I do like Hawkeye football, but would much prefer to watch a game in person (hasn't happened yet...). Glad you guys had such a great time!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Next year we'll be squeezed in next to you on the bleachers :)

Gina said...

I love your pictures of the game, We went too and had a blast!