Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall is in the Air--My Fall Favorites

As I type the title of this post, I have Barry Manilow, "Love is in the Air" running through my head....did I get it in your head, too??

I can't believe how quickly we went from scorching heat to a fantastic fall feeling....which, in case you didn't know, is my favorite season ever. And here's why:

1. Yummy snacks that just don't taste right in the summer
Peanuts & Candy Corn are seriously THE best. Really.

2.  Football. 
Need I say more?! 

3. BABIES!!
I don't know what has been going on around here lately, but seriously?!?!? 
TWELVE babies have been born to friends of mine in the last TWO weeks. TWELVE!
 No sets of twins. 
Y'all need to check your furnace before the coming winter. ;) 
I kid, I kid.
{Really, who am I to talk!?}

4. Hoodies. 
A fashion faux pas, I realize, but who can possibly resist? Sometimes, I even wear hoodies on days like...today....when it's like 79 degrees!

In similar news, I got an awesome  North Face hoodie from Cabela's.com for $1.88 yesterday! I'll post pictures when it comes in the mail :)

 5. Fall Family Pics!
Which I ingeniously scheduled for this Saturday....at right about HALF time of the Iowa game. I thought it was good timing. 
Jesse....not so much. Should be good times anyway.
We're going with Browns & Kelly Greens this year...hopefully it is on film as nice as it is in my head :)

6. Darker Hair
Tonight, my hair is going to it's Fall & Winter Pretty Brown. 
I don't know what the technical name for the color is, I just know that it looks nice enough that I've gotten LOTS of comments about the color of my hair. 
No highlights, no annoying maintenance...
I may post before & after pics tomorrow. 
We shall see.........


Two days in a row of blogging? 
I think my sad, tired, blog may explode from the overstimulation :)
Well, I had to do something productive on the computer today, waiting for news



7 comments:

Becky said...

I've never understood candy corn and peanuts together :) but to each her own! Hoodies are the best - and I'm excited to see pictures of your fall hair!
12 babies???? HOLY COW!

And I might steal your idea for the fall favorites blog! :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

YUM!! Last night I tried candy corn, peanuts, and MnM's. That's how addictions start.

I love dark hair in the fall!!

I am getting highlights/lowlights next Tuesday. Hello high maintenance hair... :)

And I am loving the more frequent blogging from you. :)

peter marie said...

I just ate 3 lbs of that candy mix last week. I had it for the first time just last year...I've got lots of catching up to do.
I love dark hair! I wish that were an option for me.
Yeah for fall!

une autre mère said...

Great list! I so need to dye my hair back to it's darker color too. I'm just too chicken to do it myself. Wanna come and do it for me? :) And yes, I wanna see those before and after pics!

Browns and kelly greens sound lovely. I'm sure your family pics will beautiful! Can't wait to see 'em!

Shannan Martin said...

I need some Pretty Brown in my life! My hair is already hitting that Winter Drab look. Bleh.

ps- Pics, please. :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Why has no one mentioned how you're waiting for news...and just trailed off?!? Hope it's good news!!!

I got the Cabella's deal, too! Excited to blow some friend's socks off with those as birthday gifts!

Hope the pictures go well!

Gina said...

I love fall family pictures!
Can't wait to see yours!